Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimota SB6

I thought up a few names for this thread, but once I loaded this thing onto the trailer, none of them did the bike justice. So, I present to you, my Bimota SB6.
    It's tiny, and perfectly formed. And has 1100cc worth of Suzuki grunt buried between those epic frame rails.

She's pretty shabby, but I can't stop looking at it.
    (note, while the tank, airbox and exhaust aren't fitted in that pic, I do have them. Seats and number plate holder, not so much. Headlights are on their way from Japan.)

"Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Nice, italian flair with Japanese reliability....

I look forward to seeing the progress on this.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice, whatís the plan? Correct resto or tidy up with subtle improvements?
      get lead like a leader

Comment

Wow, now thatís something. I was at an event on Sunday and there was a YB7 there I was admiring. Stunning bikes, well done.

Comment

Is that a 6x4 trailer ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

That is very sweet, nice work.

Comment

Dammit I was sure it was the monkey. (Also in the pic by no coincidence).

Comment

Looks tits by the way.

Comment

I gotta ask, how much did it cost you?

I'm partial to the SB8 myself, but still, wouldn't kick that one out of the garage!

Comment

The plan is to have it sorted and on the road for less than the Katana & leftover spares sold for.... cosmetically she's a bit scruffy, really needs a full repaint and a couple of fiberglass repairs.
                    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Nice one, looking forward to the ride report
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Bimota SB6

Epic!
                        These, the V Due and Ducati 916 were my favourite bikes as a kid.
                        Oh and the Britten v1000

Looking forward to updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

may take a little while - in the meantime, here's a road test from 1996 - check out the RRP on it.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	TW_roadtest1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	591.8 KB
ID:	6618195

Name:	TW_roadtest2.jpg
Size:	584.8 KB
ID:	6618196

Name:	TW_roadtest3.jpg
Size:	612.1 KB
ID:	6618197

Name:	TW_roadtest4.jpg
Size:	550.0 KB
ID:	6618198

Name:	TW_roadtest5.jpg
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	6618199

Name:	TW_roadtest6.jpg
Size:	583.3 KB
ID:	6618200

Comment

I was at the creek in 96/97 when 1 of these turned up for a rideday, it made everything else pale into the background such was it styling.

Comment

Thats awesome. The whole concept of what Bimota did was epic. Such a cool thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X