Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84' BMW R65 Scrambler.

Ive just finished this, built from a cosmetically tired R65. I was inspired by my first bike in 1978 which was Yamaha MX80 and 60's Scramblers and Desert Sleds.. The R65 has some trick bits, Motogadget M-Unit, Mini switch's, Mini speedo, Kustom Tech controls, Kellerman LED light combo etc etc.
    Attached Files

That's awesome. It must be loud!!
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Exhaust is baffled, sounds nice though .

Comment

Fuck that is cool!
        AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

A few more pics...
          Attached Files

Comment

can we get a video of it running? do you build then sell or just for fun?

this thing is truly awesome.
            Originally posted by Marv
            Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

I'll do a little video soon. This is just for fun, hadn't seen a BMW done in the way I wanted and decided to do this. I spent a few weekends stripping the bike and cleaning it up. The wiring was done by someone else along with the exhaust, rear subframe, tank painting and seat covering.
              I got all the bits I wanted and designed how it all went together along with all the details. The guards are off the shelf from a guy on the central coast of NSW, the tank is a Honda CG125 from eBay. The BMW Motorsport decal is from Germany, The fast back engine cover is from NZ.
              I put most of it together. The rear shocks are from a Harley Sportster to lower it 2 inches. I kept the front standard height but put progressive springs in them. The badge on the forks replaced the ugly reflectors (its a pannier badge and fits perfectly). The bars are flat track bars made in NZ, Grips and throttle are Domino.
              I ended up having about 500 photos of reference bikes from the 60's and had to adapt the look for this bike.

Comment

This is similar to how it started out as, mine was red and very tired looking. I back dated the rocker covers as well...
                Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the BMW club. I finished mine in 2015. Let me know if you want to go for a ride some time.
                  "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                  (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                  Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Well done that is a really neat project!
                    The exhaust looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Noob question. How do you avoid getting burnt by the exhaust?

Comment

If you ever want to sell it, let me know. That's really cool.
                        Originally posted by Mr Jones
                        Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Looks mint mate, well done!
                          '13 Yamaha R1 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Very cool. I love airheads.
                            Do you remember where the mirrors came from?

Comment

Thanks everyone...
                              The mirrors were from Modern Motorcyle company.
                              The little heat shield does itís job and the exhaust is recessed where your leg goes. Itís only get on and off you have to be careful...

Comment

Working...
                              X