Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxy and Uncle: Coaster to Coaster. Steep Point W.A to Byron Bay NSW.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it’s messy rum.
    Originally posted by S
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle View Post
      Oxy has ordered slightly bigger jerrycans
      That's only because I planning on taking rum in one, and fuel in the other, but it is home brew rum, so I'm pretty confident the bike will run on it if needed too.

Comment

Well the key to packing light is one thing should to 2 jobs so you are just packing correctly.
        Its really just being responsible when you think about it.
        Originally posted by S

Comment

This sounds the right amounts of crazy and baller!

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Comment

Oxy has years of experiencing handling big cans.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
              Oxy has years of experiencing handling big cans.
              He does like a good pear.
              Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Hey BNE cunts. Who’s up for a cheeky pint on Sunday at Oxys favourite pub?
                2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

What time does Cabaret open on Sunday?
                  Originally posted by TK
                  may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Picked up my Garmin inreach explorer+ today. I figured my old 62s I use for hunting was getting on so this was a 2 birds 1 stone kind of deal. I’m about to spend a week hunting near the snowy mountains so it will get a good test.
                    Today I spent some time setting up the preset messages so I can report in at home each day as I’ll be alone for a few day’s.
                    Originally posted by S

Comment

The Inreach is a good thing. But take your 62s with you on the big trip too as nav backup. Quite common in bikepacking, the human powered version of what you guys are doing. They're mostly total weight weenies but usually carry backup nav quite often running Inreach and Etrex together. 62s = / = Etrex.

Looking forward to following the trip!

Comment

We’ve both got Garmin Zumo 590s as our primary GPS on the bike (although Uncle has the rebadged BMW version, so probably paid BMW tax on it). His explorer+ should serve as a good backup. If all 3 fail, I’ll trade some of my rum with the locals for directions.

Comment

Unfortunately with the way the ‘rona is going looks like this year is going to be a bridge to far for us. With the restrictions in place around freedom of movement, boarders to cross and permissions needed we both think the window of flight is going to be too tight.
                          It’s fucked as we are both pretty pumped abut doing it but we have to take a pragmatic view about it.
                          Originally posted by S

Comment

Soon.
                            The 6000km of dirt isn't going anywhere.
                            Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

Yea mate was thinking about this the other day. I’m shopping for a 300EXC so should be able to join you guys for a bit more of the ride.
                              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                              2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

You have a year MrRust. Get a 690 and do the whole lot. Don’t be shit.
                                Originally posted by S

Comment

Working...
                                X