First Bike - MT-07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bike - MT-07

So over the covid inducing boredom period of last year a heap of guys at work and in my street all decided to get their bike licenses.

I always liked bikes but knew my immaturity would dictate a high probably killing myself. I was wise enough to actually know I was too stupid so imposed a ban on myself lol. In any case I’m at an age now where I’m comfortable in being able to be sensible so I agreed to head along to the course with a mate.

After the first ride in the course I was wondering if it was for me. But by the end of the course I knew I had to get a bike ASAP.

After a million YouTube videos I decided that my first choice of the MT-07 might be too much for me initially so i orders a new KTM 390 duke. The clowns at on two wheels told me it would come very early in the new year and possibly between Xmas and the new year. Cue early Jan I go in and ask when the bike is coming (this was after they were supposed to get me an actual date before they closed for Xmas. This never happened) and was told “we don’t know, hopefully in Jan” so I got the shits cancelled my order and on the same day came home with this.

Akro Ti / carbon full system. CRG levers, tail tidy and local to me so a bonus. In excellent condition. I’ve ridden it every day since I got it and can’t get enough. I honestly am so glad I stumped up the extra (both money and balls) and got this instead of the Duke!

CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Ooh, nice.

More sensible journey than me....

I had a Kawasaki ZZR as my first bike, then bought the Daytona the day before I got my big boy licence.

Learnt the ripe in a Duke 200 on the roads if Jakarta.

Like you, had a self enforced ban due to I knew how I would ride until self preservation kicks in over ego......

Also like you, I enjoy being out on the bike every chance I get, just the supersports tuck is not for me anymore, so am looking at street triples when I am back working.

Won't take long to get used to the MT07, and the right wrist has a lot to do with how quick the bike is......

Comment

It’s had a tune and throttle tube done so is plenty quick enough for me!

Next is either MT-09SP or MV Agusta dragster 800RR
      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Nice bike, went to my local yammie dealership whilst on Holiday to enquire about the XSR 900 (retro MT-09) but none currently available in Thailand so I took an XSr700 (retro MT-07) for a ride instead and I reckon thats what I will buy if I cannot find the 900 for sale secondhand.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Also should mention it’s a late ‘18 model which seems to have had a real short run of this colour scheme of the anthracite tank with bright yellow wheels and accents.

Have been doing some maintenance and of course detailing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post
            Nice bike, went to my local yammie dealership whilst on Holiday to enquire about the XSR 900 (retro MT-09) but none currently available in Thailand so I took an XSr700 (retro MT-07) for a ride instead and I reckon thats what I will buy if I cannot find the 900 for sale secondhand.
            Guy in my street has the 700 with similar exhaust to mine. It’s a beautiful bike man.

Comment

Awesome bike. Have been trying to convince a guy at work to get one, but he has been looking at 390s etc.
              i rode a mate's 390 and it felt like a dirt bike, so damn slow.

The parallel twin on the mt07 sounds awesome, but it is headache inducing with the baffle out, like the mt09? I've been toying with the idea of pulling the baffle from the Akra ti on my mt09, but it's supposed to be obnoxiously loud.

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post

Guy in my street has the 700 with similar exhaust to mine. It’s a beautiful bike man.
                Yeah was real keen on the 900 but the 700 impressed me and I actual felt more confident on it than the small squirt I had on the 900 back at the 2019 motoGP.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Grungle View Post
                  Awesome bike. Have been trying to convince a guy at work to get one, but he has been looking at 390s etc.
                  i rode a mate's 390 and it felt like a dirt bike, so damn slow.

The parallel twin on the mt07 sounds awesome, but it is headache inducing with the baffle out, like the mt09? I've been toying with the idea of pulling the baffle from the Akra ti on my mt09, but it's supposed to be obnoxiously loud.
                  Mine has the baffle out and it is loud. Awesome sounding with the cross plane but loud. I ride with ear plugs. I have the baffle there to put back in if I want but at this point the answer is no.

in all honesty and I know I’m only recently new but this has 70hp at the tyre and I can’t fathom how you could ever want more than that lol

Comment

The Yammie is a good choice. Also a lot more reliable than the baby KTMs. Almost everyone I know who has/had a 390 experienced engine problems and a few had engines replaced. The Yamahas, by contrast, are almost indestructible unless you crash them.
                    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

I'll have to get another road bike.
                      2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                      2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
                      2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                      2005 WR250
                      + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                      I finance the RMS

Comment

Dude what do you use on wheels to keep them so nice?!

Comment

Elbow grease lol. In all honesty i just degreased these and hit them with a final wipedown of APC and bead maker

Comment

Good choice, a loon in my area rides his WOT everywhere sounds awesome. Can't see what sort of system he has on it as I never see him long enough.

Comment

Yes Craig.

I’ve been toying with bike license and bike, just need a push.

Nice choice with the MT-07 and great to read that you’re enjoying the ride. 👌🏽

Comment

Working...
                              X