First Bike - MT-07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MVLUV View Post
    Good choice, a loon in my area rides his WOT everywhere sounds awesome. Can't see what sort of system he has on it as I never see him long enough.
    Yeah they do sound great. Interestingly that when you rev them out they sound even better. I did a big ride yesterday from my place to Standwell tops, down the coast road, up Bulli pass and then down towards Albion Park and then up through Macquarie Pass where I probably went a bit silly but holy hell I had fun. Sore ass today!

Do it Grant. I've been having a ball!
    CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
      Elbow grease lol. In all honesty i just degreased these and hit them with a final wipedown of APC and bead maker
      LOL damn! I've been using bead maker and was hoping there was something better / some secret sauce. Naturally a better quality product in your hands I imagine than my Supercheap special, no doubt.

The 'Pass would've been awesome. Should take it through Douglas Park, though I don't imagine the road quality would be overtly kind to aforementioned ass! Lol
      Last edited by BLO 767; 11-01-21, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post

LOL damn! I've been using bead maker and was hoping there was something better / some secret sauce. Naturally a better quality product in your hands I imagine than my Supercheap special, no doubt.

The 'Pass would've been awesome. Should take it through Douglas Park, though I don't imagine the road quality would be overtly kind to aforementioned ass! Lol
        Done Dougo a few times already and Menangle Rd and Razorback a few times along with Broughton Pass to Appin.
        CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Couldn’t help myself. Ceramic coated the thing.

Comment

Fuck that looks good Craig !

Almost enough to make me pull my finger out and get my L's after talking about it for probably 10 years !
            The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
              Fuck that looks good Craig !

Almost enough to make me pull my finger out and get my L's after talking about it for probably 10 years !
              As the shoe company says, "just do it!".

That is a good looking bike there......

Comment

I absolutely love this thing. Been riding it heaps!

Comment

I know the feeling. In less than a week I have 150km to go until my first service for the new Street Triple.

These types of bikes are fun.....
                  Last edited by PXL265; 26-02-21, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Nice dude, I'm an 09 guy but I like the 07's and agree they sound pretty tits! You'll get plenty of detailing practice on those rims but the ceramic will help and they only get as dirty as any other wheel (except you notice it more) :p

As for power, they have plenty, but if/when you ride an 09 you'll still want the bigger one. :p
                    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Unfortunately not much choice with the LAMS bikes but I love this thing so much I dont want to sell it.

I'm tossing up between two options when I get off the P's in 12 months.

1. New MT09SP
                      2. New Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS

Triumph is a big step up in power and price but by god its gorgeous.

Comment

My recommendation, and I'm biased, but have a sit on the street triple 765. Not as much straight line speed as the speed triple, but it absolutely carves the corners and is a real fun bike to punt around in twisties.

And it will save you $5 to $7k depending on model, R or RS if buying new over the speed triple.
                        Last edited by PXL265; 03-03-21, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Yeh I am pretty keen on the new Speed Triple but also would like a KTM 890 DukeR which is the natural enemy of the MT09 I would say! Sadly I can justify neither currently unless I stop pissing money away on old cars.
                          Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post

I'm tossing up between two options when I get off the P's in 12 months.
                            R1 is the only bike to get straight off P's.

2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                            2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
                            2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                            2005 WR250
                            + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                            I finance the RMS

Comment

Don’t overlook the Z900 for the next bike, all reports indicate it’s an unsung hero.

Comment

Not a fan of the street triple. R1 is never happening not interested in back killing sports bikes.

the superduke 1290r is an animal that I was sort of looking at.

the kwaka does get good reports but not a fan of the looks

Comment

Working...
                                X