First Bike - MT-07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post

the superduke 1290r is an animal that I was sort of looking at.
    I rode a 1290r or whatever the equivalent was in 2014 and wasn't impressed. Backed it up with an S1000RR and paid the deposit on the spot. Ride the Superduke and an S1000R and see what feels best.
    2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
    2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
    2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
    2005 WR250
    + 2 trailers and a caravan.
    I finance the RMS

Comment

Also have a look at Yamaha MT-10 if you are looking at litre bikes. R1 motor with comfort.
      If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

S1000RR is very comfy. I honestly found it more comfy on a cruise to the gong than a FatBoy Harley (back/neck wise)
        www.markpakula.com
        2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
        2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
        2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
        2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

S1000R is a contender. RR is not. Not interested in sports bikes. MT10 is ugly as shit.

Realistically I’m going to ride the triumph, new s1000r and mt09sp and buy whatever I like best out of those. If the tuono didn’t look so dated I’d be interested in that too. The Ducati street fighter v4s looks incredible too but worried about reliability issues with that one
          CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

For a clueless non-bike guy, is it a thing that you typically always step up a bike once your license progresses?

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone, dude or dame, who pretty much keeps their learner bike? Why so? Especially when it's something nice, and pretty speedy?

Comment

Because the unrestricted bikes are nicer and speedier basically.....

That was thought process, and the fact my learner bike was the old but venerable kwakka zzr250.....

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
                For a clueless non-bike guy, is it a thing that you typically always step up a bike once your license progresses?

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone, dude or dame, who pretty much keeps their learner bike? Why so? Especially when it's something nice, and pretty speedy?
                Just better everything. Better suspension and chassis, better brakes more power etc
                CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Ah, I see. So they basically are only built for learning, don't feature a lot of tasty stuff. Makes perfect sense considering noobs would be dropping them etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
                    Ah, I see. So they basically are only built for learning, don't feature a lot of tasty stuff. Makes perfect sense considering noobs would be dropping them etc etc.
                    Sort of. Like this bike in unrestricted mode does 0-100 in 3.3s obviously if the rider can achieve that. Plenty of performance. But the suspension is pretty basic, brakes are basic. Basic digital dash. Performance bikes have all sorts of additional stuff like 6 axis sensors. Decent forks and rear shocks, better brakes etc

Comment

Yep that's what I figured. Speed is one thing but the overall package is different entirely.

Comment

Still loving the MT. Been using it under the guise of exercise recently for obvious reasons!

only 6 months left with it sadly!

Comment

Ive pretty much decided on four contenders for next bike in order of likelihood

1. Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS
                          2. MV Agusta Dragster 800RR
                          3. KTM 1290 Superduke R
                          4. Ducati Streetfighter V4S

Comment

My vote is for the trumpy. But I am biased with the striple and couldn't justify the $10k or so extra to get the speed, so I can live vicariously through you.

From all reports the speed is a very nice and capable bike.

Comment

Ride all four and pick the one that feels right.

I was dead set on an R1 until I rode one and hated it. Didn't like the feel of the Superduke either. BMW S1000RR felt like warm apple pie.
                              2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                              2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
                              2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                              2005 WR250
                              + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                              I finance the RMS

Comment

Yep ride them all if possible (not always if buying second hand, actually very rare!) but worth reading reviews as I look at those 4 options and think 3 of them are very cool but might be hard to "live" with due to their quirks/reliability etc. At the end of the the day you have to want to ride the thing because you love it not because it's cool or looks good on paper. Depends on how you use your bike too!

Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X