Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperHoon
    replied
    yeah you really have to try them all. i loved my superduke but some others hated it with a passion.

i never enjoyed the tuono but the sound was nice.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Originally posted by piss98 View Post
    More recently they also fucked up the headlight. I'm not sure I will ever sell my OG 2014 MT09 as it's better than SP spec and not ugly as a bag full of rotting arseholes.
    The headlight I could live with but the tank legit looks 30% or more out of proportion from the rest of the bike. You'd legit throw your leg over, look down and think you had an elephants head sticking out between your legs.

Leave a comment:

• piss98
    replied
    More recently they also fucked up the headlight. I'm not sure I will ever sell my OG 2014 MT09 as it's better than SP spec and not ugly as a bag full of rotting arseholes.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    The ten has always been ugly as sin. I was very keen on the the new 09SP but when I saw it in the flesh they’ve really fucked up the size and shape of the tank it looks stupid. Immediately crossed off the list. I so wanted to like it and that was prob my first choice but sadly not anymore

Leave a comment:

• trent from punchy
    replied
    Why no MT09/10 on the list?

Leave a comment:

• piss98
    replied
    Yep ride them all if possible (not always if buying second hand, actually very rare!) but worth reading reviews as I look at those 4 options and think 3 of them are very cool but might be hard to "live" with due to their quirks/reliability etc. At the end of the the day you have to want to ride the thing because you love it not because it's cool or looks good on paper. Depends on how you use your bike too!

Leave a comment:

• blackbart
    replied
    Ride all four and pick the one that feels right.

I was dead set on an R1 until I rode one and hated it. Didn't like the feel of the Superduke either. BMW S1000RR felt like warm apple pie.

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    My vote is for the trumpy. But I am biased with the striple and couldn't justify the $10k or so extra to get the speed, so I can live vicariously through you.

From all reports the speed is a very nice and capable bike.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Ive pretty much decided on four contenders for next bike in order of likelihood

1. Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS
    2. MV Agusta Dragster 800RR
    3. KTM 1290 Superduke R
    4. Ducati Streetfighter V4S

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Still loving the MT. Been using it under the guise of exercise recently for obvious reasons!

only 6 months left with it sadly!

Leave a comment:

• BLO 767
    replied
    Yep that's what I figured. Speed is one thing but the overall package is different entirely.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
    Ah, I see. So they basically are only built for learning, don't feature a lot of tasty stuff. Makes perfect sense considering noobs would be dropping them etc etc.
    Sort of. Like this bike in unrestricted mode does 0-100 in 3.3s obviously if the rider can achieve that. Plenty of performance. But the suspension is pretty basic, brakes are basic. Basic digital dash. Performance bikes have all sorts of additional stuff like 6 axis sensors. Decent forks and rear shocks, better brakes etc

Leave a comment:

• BLO 767
    replied
    Ah, I see. So they basically are only built for learning, don't feature a lot of tasty stuff. Makes perfect sense considering noobs would be dropping them etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• FLI355
    replied
    Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
    For a clueless non-bike guy, is it a thing that you typically always step up a bike once your license progresses?

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone, dude or dame, who pretty much keeps their learner bike? Why so? Especially when it's something nice, and pretty speedy?
    Just better everything. Better suspension and chassis, better brakes more power etc

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    Because the unrestricted bikes are nicer and speedier basically.....

That was thought process, and the fact my learner bike was the old but venerable kwakka zzr250.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X