Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops, I dun did it again - Another Bike, this time its comfortable......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bike! The tail tidy makes such a big difference.

Chris also did a basic suspension setup on my CBR1K after he rebuilt the forks. The difference was day and night, I could hardly believe it was the same bike!

Id be keen for a ride at some point, but not through the Glorious / Nebo hotspots. I will not do well on an exhaust check...
    The Slowly IS300

Comment

Originally posted by bboy View Post
      Nice bike! The tail tidy makes such a big difference.

Chris also did a basic suspension setup on my CBR1K after he rebuilt the forks. The difference was day and night, I could hardly believe it was the same bike!

Id be keen for a ride at some point, but not through the Glorious / Nebo hotspots. I will not do well on an exhaust check...
      Definately the best $50 I have ever spent on a motorbike.

I understand the reluctance for Nebo/Glorious at the moment.

My usual short run is from home, Bunya Road, Clear mountain road up to Petrie, then mount Mee to the highway and either turn around and home through Samford after Dayboro, or head across to Scarborough and do the slow run down the foreshore to Sandgate and across back to home.

My longer loop to avoid Glorious is up to Gap creek road across to Moggill road and out to my Crosby, then out to Blacksoil to head to Fernvale, then make my way to Kilcoy then Woodford, then mt Mee and back home.
      Last edited by PXL265; 27-03-21, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210326-145636.png
Views:	94
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	7239682

This was the ride I did Friday to kill a few hours. Had a 20 minute or so break at mt Mee chatting to another couple of guys out enjoying the lack of traffic, a 10 minute break at Somerset, and then about 45 minutes or so at the mt Glorious cafe.

Beers are about as much as I want pay....

Bring a naked bike I do get buffeted a bit, but riding at the speed limit I don't cop any wind buffeting at all.

Since the suspension got set up I'm definately using more of the tyres and it definitely feels a lot better through the corners. Now I have a decent base to work with and will be able to make some minor adjustments to rebound and compression.

Only other disadvantage of the naked bike is I seem to be getting hammered by more bugs now. After a decent ride the visor is covered in suicidal bugs.....

Comment

Top speed 159kph? Shame on you.
          Surely it has 240+ in it.

Comment

There's plenty left in it, but my private road ran out before the bike did.....

Allegedly top speed is about 230..... I'm not sure I want to be on it going that fast.....
            Last edited by PXL265; 29-03-21, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X