Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops, I dun did it again - Another Bike, this time its comfortable......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bike! The tail tidy makes such a big difference.

Chris also did a basic suspension setup on my CBR1K after he rebuilt the forks. The difference was day and night, I could hardly believe it was the same bike!

Id be keen for a ride at some point, but not through the Glorious / Nebo hotspots. I will not do well on an exhaust check...
    The Slowly IS300

Comment

Originally posted by bboy View Post
      Nice bike! The tail tidy makes such a big difference.

Chris also did a basic suspension setup on my CBR1K after he rebuilt the forks. The difference was day and night, I could hardly believe it was the same bike!

Id be keen for a ride at some point, but not through the Glorious / Nebo hotspots. I will not do well on an exhaust check...
      Definately the best $50 I have ever spent on a motorbike.

I understand the reluctance for Nebo/Glorious at the moment.

My usual short run is from home, Bunya Road, Clear mountain road up to Petrie, then mount Mee to the highway and either turn around and home through Samford after Dayboro, or head across to Scarborough and do the slow run down the foreshore to Sandgate and across back to home.

My longer loop to avoid Glorious is up to Gap creek road across to Moggill road and out to my Crosby, then out to Blacksoil to head to Fernvale, then make my way to Kilcoy then Woodford, then mt Mee and back home.
      Last edited by PXL265; 27-03-21, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210326-145636.png
Views:	335
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	7239682

This was the ride I did Friday to kill a few hours. Had a 20 minute or so break at mt Mee chatting to another couple of guys out enjoying the lack of traffic, a 10 minute break at Somerset, and then about 45 minutes or so at the mt Glorious cafe.

Beers are about as much as I want pay....

Bring a naked bike I do get buffeted a bit, but riding at the speed limit I don't cop any wind buffeting at all.

Since the suspension got set up I'm definately using more of the tyres and it definitely feels a lot better through the corners. Now I have a decent base to work with and will be able to make some minor adjustments to rebound and compression.

Only other disadvantage of the naked bike is I seem to be getting hammered by more bugs now. After a decent ride the visor is covered in suicidal bugs.....

Comment

Top speed 159kph? Shame on you.
          Surely it has 240+ in it.

Comment

There's plenty left in it, but my private road ran out before the bike did.....

Allegedly top speed is about 230..... I'm not sure I want to be on it going that fast.....
            Last edited by PXL265; 29-03-21, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Still loving this thing.

Took it for a gentle 375km ride on Sunday. Was only planning a short ride, next minute I'm on the Woodford beerburram road and then onto Bellthorpe Range Road to Maleny, then onwards to Montville, Mapleton and back off the hill on a back road into Nambour then home via Tewantin and the run down the coast.

Name:	Screenshot_20210601-091216.png
Views:	252
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	7256987

Only complaint is the bum gets a bit sore after 2 hours or more riding without a break.

And after what supposed to be a 2 week wait 3 months ago I finally get the Bluetooth module fitted on Thursday. This will give me connectivity to the phone so I can see who I am ignoring in the phone, control music I can't hear as I don't use a headset, and what I really want it for, navigation directions on the dash.

I am sure this will not be good for my licence at some stage. It is too much fun giving it the berries in 1st and 2nd to listen to the induction noises it makes.

I'm still umming and ahhing about a quick shifter. The genuine triumph one is upshift only and about $550, the best aftermarket one I can find is from Rapid Bike and is both up and down with blooper, but about $1200 all up as I also need to fit a rapid bike piggy back computer as well.

Comment

I've considered a QS on mine a few times but for the cost I figure I really don't NEED it (yeh I think they are cool though!) and I don't go on a ride thinking "I wish I had a quick shifter" as I don't ride as fast on the road as I used to anyway (combo of getting older/slightly more sensible and not wanting to make Gov't donations as I fucking hate that!)

The GPS on the dash would be awesome though as I still go off riding in the hinterland and spend at least 30% of it getting lost or looking for good roads but then that is sort of half the fun as well (fuck me I've ended up some goat tracks in the process though!).

You should sing out in advance if you're planning a ride up this way somewhere!!! Always a good time to be had doing the loop between Eudlo/Flaxton/Montville/Mapleton/Maleny/Obi Obi/Kidaman Creek or out to Kenilworth and back via Cambroon/Conondale/Witta.
                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                  I've considered a QS on mine a few times but for the cost I figure I really don't NEED it (yeh I think they are cool though!) and I don't go on a ride thinking "I wish I had a quick shifter" as I don't ride as fast on the road as I used to anyway (combo of getting older/slightly more sensible and not wanting to make Gov't donations as I fucking hate that!)

The GPS on the dash would be awesome though as I still go off riding in the hinterland and spend at least 30% of it getting lost or looking for good roads but then that is sort of half the fun as well (fuck me I've ended up some goat tracks in the process though!).

You should sing out in advance if you're planning a ride up this way somewhere!!! Always a good time to be had doing the loop between Eudlo/Flaxton/Montville/Mapleton/Maleny/Obi Obi/Kidaman Creek or out to Kenilworth and back via Cambroon/Conondale/Witta.
                  All going well on Monday I could be up your way permanently by the end of the year.

The ride was totally unplanned as I was originally going to head back up Campbell Pocket Road to Mt Mee to head home, but turned left at the D'Aguilar Highway instead of right because of traffic and just followed my nose.

The quickshifter on the 'tona was fun, even if it was just on upshifts, so do miss that, plus lazy and I don't get it right every downshift with timing the throttle blip, though with the slipper clutch it isn't critical to get right. But it would be nice to just bang it back a couple of gears and make the cool noises without trying.

I got some looks heading up Bellthorpe Range road by a group of about 5 harley riders parked off the side of one of the really tight hairpins as it was singing nicely in second at 10,000 with a big rev for the change down to 1st for the hairpin, and then the wail as I accelerated away up the hill had me giggling in the helmet.

Comment

So the install of the connectivity module didn't go to plan. The plug it in bit took the two minutes to do, but then the computers wouldn't talk to each other, so after a few tries, head scratching, and calls to triumph, it couldn't be sorted.

Luckily they were able to reset everything back and not brick it, so was told to come and pick it up and they'll let me know when to take it back.

It goes back on Tuesday arvo after work so they can try again on Wednesday.

I needed to put some fuel in it for the ride to work on Tuesday so took it for a run to Fernvale to fill it up. It was a fun ride today, plod was at Jolly's lookout watching people go through the roadworks, but no where else that I saw and conditions were just about perfect with cars pulling over to let me through.

Bugs were bad though.....

Name:	IMG_20210612_151415348.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	7260771

And apparently unlocked an achievement......

Name:	Screenshot_20210612-175204.png
Views:	202
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	7260772

Comment

Haha, dare I ask where that achievement was earnt?

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                      Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

On a private road obviously.....

Comment

School zones of course! /i

Love the detours haha
                          The Slowly IS300

Comment

It's that type of bike, where you look for an excuse to ride it.....

I had to buy some new gloves today because my hands are getting cold.

A pair of ricondi winter gloves should do the trick and keep feeling in my fingers....

Comment

So in a case of perfect bad timing, my wallet got raped the day before my work contract was terminated......

But at least the Bluetooth module us installed and works. It is a little black box that is plugged into the wiring harness and us mounted under the passenger seat.

I also enquired and pulled the trigger on a set of bar end mirrors for it as well. I am hoping that they will take what seems to be the usual 12 weeks to arrive from Triumph so I will hopefully be employed by then to afford them.

As it says in the box, and the 40 page manual, you can connect your phone, your headset if you have one and a GoPro if you so choose.

Triumph have an app for the phone that allows you to access some information from the bike, like when it is due for a service, average fuel consumption, what the current fuel range is and what the odometer is.

Name:	Screenshot_20210619-171944.png
Views:	140
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	7262721

The app also has the navigation interface using Google maps.

The only downside is that the dash layout has to change. I preferred the standard layout.....
                              ‚Äč

Name:	IMG_20210603_071000234.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	7262722

The new layout takes a bit to get used to, and of the four available I have found one I like for running without the navigation on....

Name:	IMG_20210619_174139751.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	7262724

And the version I will be using when I have the navigation on....
                              • Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210618_130200614_HDR.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	7262723

It works pretty well. The only downside is that to change the route you have to do it through the phone, which means you have to stop to do that. The app can also be a bit clunky to use. It took a bit to work out that when planning a route you need to know where you want to finish and out that location in first as the end point and then out in any other spots you want to stop at. Not quite as easy to use as Google maps itself.

Anyways, looks like I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the bike in the near future....

Comment

Apparently I am enjoying this bike too much.....

It had to happen. Got done today just out of Moore on the way to Blackbutt. I was clocked at an alleged 127km/h. I was lucky it was that slow.... From Fernvale to past Esk I was averaging that speed, allegedly....

So I can expect an envelope with a nice ticket to arrive in the next few days after having a nice chat to a member of the highway patrol out of Kilcoy.

Good thing I start the new job next week so I can pay the stupid tax.

I will also have to chase up my order for the bar end mirrors and then I will look at getting an aftermarket blooper for up and down shifting.

Still undecided about getting a slip on. The only one I like the look of is the arrow slip on, but at $1300, do I like it that much. And all the others seem around that price also.

Comment

Working...
                                X