Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops, I dun did it again - Another Bike, this time its comfortable......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My condolences on your donation to QPS.

Do they still mail tickets if they stop you in person? Last two I got was email and text.
    The Slowly IS300

Comment

So 27km over?

Just under the magical 30km where it all goes to uber shite
      or is that the peoples rebublic of victoria only?
      Last edited by 9triton; 14-07-21, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
        So 27km over?

Just under the magical 30km where it all goes to uber shite
        or is that the peoples rebublic of victoria only?
        It's 40km/h here for an immediate six month suspension. But we have a wonderful thing where we don't have double demerit weekends, but if I get done within 12 months for speeding at 20km/h plus I get hit with double points on the second offence.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy View Post
          My condolences on your donation to QPS.

Do they still mail tickets if they stop you in person? Last two I got was email and text.
          I was told it would be sent out to me, so assume by post.

We will find out in the next day or so I assume.

Comment

It could take up to 6 weeks to get to you from memory. Luckily you were only on your qualifying lap... :D

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
            Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

The speeding infringement is in the system, as I was told when I was in the TMR office swapping the ute rego over from business to private use.

And some fancy bits on the way......

A seat cowl to replace the pillion seat as I have removed the pillion pegs and run as a single seater.

A set of bar end mirrors, that team moto have told me are not available any more, yet Oliver's have told me they are available on back order, but they are available.

And lastly a belly pan kit, that again team moto tell me is not available, yet Oliver's said no problem, we have them in stock so should arrive early next week.

The parts guy at Oliver's was a lot better at finding stuff in the triumph system, searching part numbers for the mirrors as they are used on different bikes, and all the variations of street triples of the same generation as mine for the belly pan.

The parts guy at team moto just looked up the system based on the vin if the bike, and said computer says no when he couldn't find anything.

Me thinks Oliver's will be getting my money's for any more genuine parts purchases I make.

Comment

The seat cowl turned up on Friday, so picked it up and put it together today.

Only a little thing, but makes a big difference to the look, especially as being registered as a single seater I have taken the pillion pegs off the bike.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210724_144719710.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	7274567

Just finished it off nicely for the back of the bike.

Hopefully soon Oliver's gives me a call to pick up the belly pan and the bar end mirrors.

​​​​​​

Comment

And a month or so after ordering the belly pan kit and the bar end mirrors, I dropped into Oliver's to check on my order as an excuse to get out of the house.

Belly pan kit was sitting there waiting for the mirrors to turn up before letting me know.

They have no idea when mirrors will turn up, but the book of faces tells me triumph parts have arrived from the mother country and should be dispatched to dealers in the next couple of weeks.

Anywho, grabbed the belly pan kit and spent a bit if time this arvo fitting it up.

Before...... Nice but of colour starting to form on the exhaust too that you can't see.

Name:	IMG_20210828_160449604.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	7287876

And the after..... Finishes the bike off nicely I think.

Name:	IMG_20210828_180854719.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	7287877

I was a bit worried when I pulled the plastic out of the wrapping and it was darker than the rest of the bike. A quick check on the interwebs, and yes that is the only silver available, the other colours being white or black, this must be right.

The colour difference works well for mine, provides a little difference to the alloy rear sets, stand and the engine covers.

Now just waiting for the bar end mirrors to turn up, and then umm and ahh about getting an arrow slip on, and look at saving some fun tickets for a rapid bike Evo computer and autoblipper, and then I think I will be done for mods.....

And I am enjoying this so much more than the Daytona. I can ride this for three hours or so without having to stop and unpretzel myself every 45 minutes or so that I had to do with the Daytona.

Comment

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                    Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

And got a call from the dealer about my mirrors. The ones you order for my bike are now obsolete and there is no stock anywhere.

However, there is a replacement part number now, my order has been updated to the new part number and the system has updated the order from on back order to giving an expected time of availability.

Name:	Screenshot_20210907-114244.png
Views:	80
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	7291643
                      So these bad boys should be arriving in January.....

So in the meantime, if the stars align and the fun tickets can be found, I will get this.....

Name:	Screenshot_20210907-115047.png
Views:	75
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	7291644

There is a US spec one available that I want to buy as it has a removable baffle. The euro spec version doesn't have a removable baffle. I want the choice to be loud or not, but not obnoxiously loud like a lot of the other aftermarket slip one are. Plus the arrow being developed for the striple looks a lot better than the other aftermarket slip ons from the likes of SC and two brothers. Although the $1300 for it hurts.....

Comment

Have you got a throttle lock? I had a sprint for years, but a bit of sprocket wizardry and other bits and it was almost as fast as a Daytona in a straight line but a lot more comfortable.
                        Throttle lock meant I could sit up and stretch on long rides.

Are they still arguing about oil filters over on triumphrat?
                        Originally posted by Stix Z
                        i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                        Originally posted by Jim
                        Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

No throttle lock, it's comfortable enough for long rides not to worry.

I believe in triumphrat they have moved on to how shit the electronic throttle is compared to the cable throttle, and which bar end mirrors don't vibrate.

Comment

Did they end up screwing you with a fine mate or did you get away with one ?
                            The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Got the fine turn up in the post......

And then a couple of weeks ago got done in a school zone early one morning so the double demerits will kick in when I pay that fine next week.

Which means I will have to be a very very very good boy for 12 months as I can't cop the 3 months sitting on the side lines....

Still enjoying the bike though, even if I have to wait months for parts to turn up.

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X