WSBK Aprilia RSV4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSBK Aprilia RSV4

Been quite a few years in the making but I ran it last week for the first time. Full WSBK spec but the engine is a 2020 1078cc from the 2020 RSV4, stock. Over riding worked engines and their maintenance

Click image for larger version

Name:	SBk1.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	7248040

Click image for larger version

Name:	175674435_3916126115102565_7973610243178847037_n.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	7248041

Nice photos

That looks like a weapon!!!

Comment

225hp and 175kg with fluids and fuel. Makes V4R's look slow

Comment

Awesome shots. Thing looks like a weapon. I cant imagine 60+hp over what I ride. lol

How much difference is there from ASBK to WSBK (without engine mods of course)
        "Cadillacs are more awesome than everything. All this newcomer needs is to post pics of tits somewhere and he will probably be the new king of PF. "

Comment

Fair bit back a few years back, WSBK these days is more regulated. Back about 8 years ago, WSBK allowed all sorts of stuff, modified fuel pumps, frames, heads, gear driven cams in the RSV4s engine. Rule book today looks very different.

Comment

Didn't realise you can buy those bikes, looks great!

Happen to know where to get racing suits from? Looking to get one to hit up some track days myself..
            '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

You can buy the bikes im afraid - you can lease them for approx 250,000 euro I'm told. Dont ask me how

The suit is a Alpinestars Racing Absolute Air bag suit. Off the shelf unit.

Comment

lease... crikey.

That suit will be super expensive, will revert back to ebay/gumtree/trying to find a sale online
                '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

You can get the GP2, its a fair bit cheaper in cow hide , different cut, but still air bag ready. Good suit

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
                    Didn't realise you can buy those bikes, looks great!

Happen to know where to get racing suits from? Looking to get one to hit up some track days myself..
                    Ricondi up here in Brisbane seem to do a good range of suits for a good price. Their one piece stuff kicks off at about $1000, and they are great to deal with.

Comment

Props on persisting with the Aprilia... Not many do but the V4's are such a sweet bike to ride. Jealous!

Comment

chino, yeah 6+ years of persisting. Its a very hard road. But riding the thing was jaw dropping..

Comment

Wowsers. Very cool
                          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

awesome!

carbon and titanium everything?
                            '01 RS125
                            '01 CR500
                            '05 CR250
                            '07 CR125
                            '70 Mk2 Cortina
                            '80 1200 Ute
                            '12 Transit

Comment

Yep, theres certainly alot of it. The body work in the photo is fibreglass, but I do have painted carbon body work - this photo is a bit older, with the 1000cc engine/old electronics/dash

I installed the 2020 1100cc V4 and updated all the electronics/dash at the same time (thats the photo above)

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020101.JPG Views:	1 Size:	6.62 MB ID:	7248990

Comment

Working...
                              X