Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken your bike to the drags?

How many of you guys have taken your bike to the drags? If so, show us your times and pics Interested what some of you guys run , My best is 14.7 at 140kph, Should be in the high 13's soon

pics at drags, I also have videos, but no where to upload them

No Power chips thanks

not a bad time for a lil 250F. I've always wondered what time my KTM 200 would have done. on the road i reckon it would have hit 100kmph in around 5 seconds, but anything above that it struggles. my guess is with proper gearing, altering some suspension settings, and some fat rubber on the back, high 13's should be achieveable. A 200 2 stroke should have the 250F's measure. Did you do any suspension mods?

the cars guide are doing some work to a DR650 and they are at about 14.0 ATM with a staintune pipe and re-jet, but they are big slow bikes.

Be sure to post when you get the CR to the strip, i'd like to know what it could run. A mate reckons his future KTM 576 will run high 11's

Comment

Yeah I went out not long after I got my bike, I couldn't launch for shit and I'm not exactly the skinniest rider around, but I managed 11.209@129.xx mph (2.08 sec 60ft). I don't have any pics or video of the trips out there, but I have timecards on my web site.

My brother ran 11.0@126 on his 2003 R6, 1.9 sec 60' time. Bastard :D
      Your mum.

Comment

If I had a drag strip within a short distance I would probably give it a go.
        2005 Kawasaki ZX10R

Comment

totally stock, minus road tyres, pussy starts etc
          No Power chips thanks

Comment

its going to be setup for track work etc, supermotard etc going to upgrade brakes the whole deal.
            No Power chips thanks

Comment

wouldn't mind running my rm250 down think i'd hit max speed 1/4 way down, need different gearing, wouldn't mind knowing what a motocross bike can do the 0-100 in

Comment

Marc - about time you went out again.

I will be taking the GPX at some stage, if I haven't killed it
                Originally posted by 350stato
                100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Yeah I'll be in that, assuming I have the spare cash. Things are VERY tight at the moment, I hate it when people (govt departments!!!) take ages to pay me for work I did ages ago. Daniel should be getting his R6 back in a week or two. He'd no doubt be keen for a run at the drags too, if he doesn't stack it before then :p
                  Your mum.

Comment

definately going to take my new bike out to calder park as soon as i get a dry friday night

1990 gsxr750 with a megacycle can

anything in the 11's ill be happy with

Comment

if he doesn't stack it before then
                      now now
                      Originally posted by 350stato
                      100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Thatís awesome! Iíd love to take my bike to the track!
                        Iíve got a 1997 Yamaha WR250 Ė only road worth component on it now is the front headlight so itís now basically a YZ except higher gearing and smaller rear wheel.

It has boysen reeds and who knows what the jettings like (keeps doing plugs ), but itís faster than my mates 1997 YZ250 and he is a fair bit lighter than me. If you say a 2 stroke 200 would match those times, would you assume that a 2 stroke 250 would be quicker? (Rider weight and skill aside)

Comment

Yep 2 stroke 250 will be faster than the 4 stroker , unless its a 1930 model bike
                          No Power chips thanks

Comment

How big are your vids you got? I'd love to see them :D

Comment

a guy from r1-forum.com ran his 2004 R1 at calder park on friday night in 35c weather and ran a 9.996 @ 147.29mph :worship: no info on mods but seen some photos and it looks to have the stock pipes

Comment

Working...
                              X