Bluey MX5 Race Car

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same, as one of the slowest out there in time Attack Iíve found everyone pretty easy to get on with and they tend to leave you to it especially in the arvo sessions
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Yep no problems with the Time Attack events, very well run.
      2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
      2004 MX5 SE Turbo
      2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Did a wheel bearing at Lakeside in November and hadn't gotten around to being bothered fixing it. Got it sorted and headed to Morgan Park yesterday to drive Paul Stokell's Radical. Took Bluey up so dad could familiarise himself with the track before jumping in the SR3. I forgot how much fun this thing is there.

The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Was the aero car fun?

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
            Was the aero car fun?
            Yes rather. In fact I think I'll hire it again sometime. I have 5 seconds to find.
            The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
              Yes rather. In fact I think I'll hire it again sometime. I have 5 seconds to find.
              On the long track?
              Originally posted by thebluerx7
              The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Yep the full K circuit.

Comment

Have you heard of wheel bearing failures being abnormally common on MX5's? We have done two left fronts on ours (mainly clockwise tracks) and I'm kind of wondering if it is a bit of an inherent weakness or just something in our specific setup. It's like the most unreliable part of the car!

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                    I wish I could fit into real race cars

Comment

I have only had wheel bearing issue on my silver car that was double stock power, aero, etc. Other MX5's have taken years of abuse with no issues.
                      NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
                      NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
                      VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Comment

How available are genuine hubs....not Chinese rubbish? Rx8s and Rx7s seem to suffer unending issues with some of the stuff offered as replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                          I wish I could fit into real race cars
                          You'd fit into this. I had an insert that was about 10cm thick and I could only just get full throttle. With that removed, you'd be fine Lurch.

Originally posted by lightyear View Post
                          I have only had wheel bearing issue on my silver car that was double stock power, aero, etc. Other MX5's have taken years of abuse with no issues.
                          This was a 190000km road car when I built it into a race car in 2006 and I didn't replace the bearings then. It has been raced on just about every circuit on the East coast, most many times and this is the first time I've ever done one.

Comment

The pedal box is adjustable, steering column has 3 heights settings and seat position adjustable also.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I thought that might be the case. It probably did 8 events/3 years between the two failures so it's not like it is happening all the time but it just seemed a bit odd to me. Will have to investigate a bit further then if it happens again.

Comment

Working...
                              X