Bluey MX5 Race Car

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok great. I may just take you up on that.

Cal.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

I had the head off the car the week before last and got another 20 hours of porting done. That combined with a new 2 1/2" exhaust (up from 2 1/4") and a slight mod to the intake took the power up to 205hp at the flywheel.

We are supporting the V8 Supercars at QR next month, so I wanted the car to be in it's best possible form. I put new semi's on it and scrubbed them in last Thursday at a corporate car with PSCRAQ. We were allowed passengers and I gave my dad a few sessions in the car and also Rhys from here had a couple of laps. Rhys also took these great shots. My old man is the one with his head sticking out the top.

The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

looks nice mate feel free to take me for a run around QR anytime :D
        Toyota Starlet

QR Sprint - 65.9 secs
        QR Clubman - 70.2 secs
        Gatton Street - 42.5 secs

Flickr - Picasa

Comment

So... any pics of the body modifications you performed on the weekend??
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

I saw there was a rear 1/4 dent after the 2nd race, any more in the 3rd?
            POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

who woulda thought it an MX5 race and guys were trying to ram into you from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by timtx5 View Post
                I saw there was a rear 1/4 dent after the 2nd race, any more in the 3rd?
                Yep. The car in 3rd put the car in 2nd into a spin on the first corner of the 3rd race. The 23 cars behind managed to miss him somehow. I got a light tap from CT in the same rear quarter panel as a result. He had nowhere to go and at the time, I had no idea who it was. Wasn't until I got out after and saw the orange paint on the bumper. http://www.performanceforums.com/for...php?t=67220609

Was a good weekend. There were 23 cars in class at the start of the weekend and I came 4th, so pretty happy really. Beat my PB by a shade under a second. Results: http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...22/07/2007.QRI

Tim, did you see the car in the pits or on the track with the damage?

Cal.

Comment

Congrats on your results Cal, there are some pretty experienced drivers on the results list too.

Noticed in some of the pics a fair bit of body roll, well more than I would have expected anyway. Not just your car, it seemed fairly common. Is this part of the optimum setup?
                  Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
                  ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
                  ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
                  ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Thanks mate.

There is indeed a fair bit of body roll. I'm going to try and eliminate some of it before the next meeting. I think it could get twitchy though.

Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                      Yep. The car in 3rd put the car in 2nd into a spin on the first corner of the 3rd race. The 23 cars behind managed to miss him somehow. I got a light tap from CT in the same rear quarter panel as a result. He had nowhere to go and at the time, I had no idea who it was. Wasn't until I got out after and saw the orange paint on the bumper. Was a good weekend. There were 23 cars in class at the start of the weekend and I came 4th, so pretty happy really. Beat my PB by a shade under a second. Results: http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...22/07/2007.QRI

Tim, did you see the car in the pits or on the track with the damage?

Cal.
                      Can you believe it!! The first car that I've ever hit in my racing career hard enough to do damage, was Cal! At least I had the common sense the hit the already damaged side - sorry again mate :O

If anyone saw the racing, I hope it looked as close and fierce as it felt on track. It was some of the closest racing I've ever had the pleasure to be involved with and the most fun you can have on 4 wheels!
                      A slow day at the track is better than any day in the office.

Comment

Cal: I thought for a minute you'd followed my advice to use the bloke infront to help turn/slowdown for the corners.

Comment

Cal - Both, i have a blurry as picture from the second race and its also visible there.

Comment

Originally posted by CT View Post
                            Can you believe it!! The first car that I've ever hit in my racing career hard enough to do damage, was Cal! At least I had the common sense the hit the already damaged side - sorry again mate :O
                            Don't be silly mate. After watching that incar video of the accident, I can't believe mine or anybody else's didn't end up a metre or two shorter. We were both extremely lucky to get away with what we did.

Tim, you should have said g'day when you were in the pits.

Cal.

Comment

I didnt really see anyone around all the mx5's parked up. Must have been something interesting on the track at the time i guess

Comment

Yeah between races 2 & 3 we finally had time for a walk around to check out a Porsche Cup race and some poon.

Cal.

Comment

Working...
                                X