fark me mate, thats a lotta power
    Toyota Starlet

QR Sprint - 65.9 secs
    QR Clubman - 70.2 secs
    Gatton Street - 42.5 secs

Flickr - Picasa

Comment

seems like all this stuff is crap.

thought it was all getting the flick anyway.

Comment

I got rid of the complete fuck up that was the last camshaft, they only thing is I used the retainers (Luke said they were the first batch that were 100% sweet) retainers shat, now the engine is fucked - Thanks!
        Dean said he would see what he could do but no reply..... Im over them big time.
        the bent valves have been replaced, head all done but Im now waiting on new valve springs

It made 400ftlbs at 4000rpm, before the turbo started to get cracking it peaked at 630ftlbs (850NM) with 500ftlbs from 4500 - 6500 but the thing had float issues and had no top end at all (677hp) It should have gone 730+ at 7krpm

anyway there is nothing like some more pressure when getting a car ready for racing......... test day next WE and race meeting the WE after

Comment

hope you get it sorted in time brent.

can't wait to hear on how the new setup performs on the actual track.

the cars amazing considering your resources and budget compared with the full on race teams.

as always full credit to you.

Comment

Cheers
            I will let you know what happens

Comment

So what exactly happened, some dud stuff from Tighe?
              Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
              ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
              ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
              ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

yes
                so far the crap product from them:

2 x cams (different specs) obviously no understanding of max ramp rates etc for hydraulic cams - lifter pumping up issues.

1 x set springs - too light for application but they said too hard and suggested custom retainers to decrease seat pressures.

1 set custom retainers - wrong material and not heat treated, know of several sets now that have failed, but I was assured these were good ones and the problem wouldnt happen

Comment

Thats a bummer, Tighe seem to have a mixed reputation. Just hope that Luke got mine right before he left.

Who are you going to try now? Nispro did a hell of a lot of RB30ET development, maybe Edo can help?
                  Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
                  ― Jim C. Hines

― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Got a SMS from Brent yesterday, testing at Taupo:

"Good. No times but it felt great."

Updates as they occur :p
                    Classic Auto Fabrications:
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Have you tried a different cam. Wade make a good cam, they did my custom grind for an RB30 and it dials in correct too, not like other well know brands.
                      www.lsxgarage.com.au

Comment

I am running a local camshaft now and after sorting through valve spring issues I am on top of it all, the motor is really going well and making very good hp, I did my best time at Pukekohe ever last weekend and the car feels very good, also had what was possibly the best race ive had for 3 years or so with another como and a GT3 cup car, we all did best lap times and the 3 cars were .1 seconds apart from each other
                        I can now settle into some chassis tuning instead of having engine dramas and improve times further, should have some good pics soon too. car looks good with the new 11" rear rims

cheers
                        Brent

Comment

So, where are the pics.

― Jim C. Hines

― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

crappy pic .................. more good ones to follow soon, trying to get pics off photographer guy at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by HSVSUX View Post
                              I did my best time at Pukekohe ever last weekend and the car feels very good, also had what was possibly the best race ive had for 3 years or so with another como and a GT3 cup car, we all did best lap times and the 3 cars were .1 seconds apart from each other
                              congrats - that shit must feel awesome mate

Comment

still getting pro pics.........

Comment

Working...
                                X