Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    how much are you willing to spend? a few places will do lightweight forged wheels with offsets from -100 to +100, but pretty sure you'd be looking at 2300-2800 for wheels alone..
    Yeah a bit to spendy for what is a club level car , ive found some +50 offset wheels but they are "ebay spec" so not keen on those . I might look at shortening the diff and converting to a floating assemby so i can kill two birds with one stone .

Ned , thats sound advice . Ill do all of that when i fit a cage to it .

acads
    Sandown 1.23.31
    Calder 1.05.76
    Phillip Island 1.47.95
    Winton 1.33.30
    H/Hills hill climb 1.03.3(FG XR6T)
    Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Had PI on the weekend with a huge turnout , luckily I slotted into a group that consisted of cars lapping around the sametime as mine so had a pretty good run with only catching one or two cars a lap if that . I was group 2 and later I joined group 3 which had most of the other Commo's in it , ran into Dave ( light year) damo (dj345) and mark ( Autocure) from the PF forums who also had been running some quick laps with damo squeezing a 1.55 with his 2fity3 Commo cup car .
      I set a new PB of 1.51.53 after switching for a session to a set of Hoosier R6's and combined with the new front bar and splitter the car was very good and pretty easy to drive compared to its usual pig self , will be ordering a set for the new year once I finalise rim sizing but the 245/40x17's I used worked very well on the 8 inch rim I had .

Vids are from a mates l98 VH and my gopro vid took a great shot of my b pillar as I didn't realise I had positioned it so close to it .

Sandown 1.23.31
      Calder 1.05.76
      Phillip Island 1.47.95
      Winton 1.33.30
      Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Those Hoosiers were hooked up, 1:51.53 is a superfast time considering your driving skills.

If I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed it.

p.s. Time to update the sig!
        VB Commo Lap Times - Winton 1:35.47 / Sandown 1:24.43 / Calder 1:05.74 / Phillip Island 1:49.0032 / Haunted Hills 1:00.30 / Bathurst 2:39:52

I agree with whatever Mark Webber just said.

Comment

You pulled away at the end. Getting used to the grip?
          NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
          NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
          VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Comment

Good work Adam was a great weekend for pb's.

What size Hoosiers did you run.

Damo.

Comment

dave , still adjusting to the how much i could push the hoosiers as i only had the one session on them but they did agree with the commo as soon as i bolted them on .

damo , your 55 was a great time with a match for waynes VK and close to the two other commo cup cars present for the day . Hoosiers were 245/45x17 on a 8inch rim .

Budge , thanks for the love

acads
              Sandown 1.23.31
              Calder 1.05.76
              Phillip Island 1.47.95
              Winton 1.33.30
              Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Originally posted by adamRSLC View Post
                dave , still adjusting to the how much i could push the hoosiers as i only had the one session on them but they did agree with the commo as soon as i bolted them on .

damo , your 55 was a great time with a match for waynes VK and close to the two other commo cup cars present for the day . Hoosiers were 245/45x17 on a 8inch rim .

Budge , thanks for the love

acads
                http://www.koya.com.au/?cars=cr-tek-...ake-compatible

Ad......these should fit......and cheap......i think I'm going to go 17 x 10's.....with no fairs!!!!!!!
                Lakeside 59.4
                QR Sprint 57.8
                QR Clubman 60.9
                QR National 1:22.1

Comment

Dan , I've just gone through this with budges car and have nailed the offsets down but the prob is I've gt a std length BW78 in the Commo and for me to fit a 9 inch rim a +50 on the rear is required ( they don't make ) and a +25 on the front ( they do make ) , so until I mod the diff housing I'll stay with the 8's .

Car will be pulled apart shortly to fit a cage , still building to IPRA late model spec but will compete in the new series with it . Just working out the benefit of having bars that go to the strut tower and what's required to fit a pedal box so the booster can be removed , I'll most likely log book it a group A ss ( Walky ) as the kit will be fitted to the car at the same time .

Adam
                  Sandown 1.23.31
                  Calder 1.05.76
                  Phillip Island 1.47.95
                  Winton 1.33.30
                  Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Finally the commo has become deregistered as it gets ready for a bit of the folding stuff to be lavished on it , its a shame but all of it is going towards safety instead of more HP which goes against the grain for PF but rules are rules .

Ive entered a new race series this year called "VicV8's" which is a sister club to QldV8's which dan is president of . My car will still be set up for IPRA as it qualifies for both catagories but ill be only in VicV8's for this year .

First step is a cage to '13 cams and IPRA LM specs which will be finalised this week and hopefully started at the end of feb at the latest , this will take the most time and money to complete but the removal of the brake booster and the fitment of the rest of the walky kit will take place at the same time along with the minor cancer under the front screen .

So this is what was removed , radio , heater , sound proofing , harness bar and associated bits of plastic which came to 15kg . The cage weight has come in at 70kg so ive got some work to do thats for sure . Ive still got the remove the booster and a few things from the engine bay and all the excess wiring but the VL is going to be a little fatter than the current 1238kg.

Interior is looking a little sparse

My cams license is in the process of being upgraded to a PCC license and some safety gear needs to be purchased but it should be a good year , as usual my partner in commo crime budge will continue to be seen in my rear view mirror and damo (dj345) and mark (autocure) on PF will be joining me .

adam
                    Sandown 1.23.31
                    Calder 1.05.76
                    Phillip Island 1.47.95
                    Winton 1.33.30
                    Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

if your going to get some weight out of it do it before the cage goes in, I missed a few things pre cage on mine and now I cant get that weight out

Comment

Adam, who's doing the cage?
                        Sparta, Rome, The Knights of Europe, the Samurai. They worship strength, because it is strength that makes all other values possible.

Han, Enter the Dragon

Comment

Hey Adam,
                          What is this new VicV8's series you mentioned?
                          Can you provide a bit of detail about it?

Comment

Google is your friend
                            http://vicv8s.com/
                            Classic Auto Fabrications:
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Hey guys, Adam has jumped the gun a little... This is very new and we are just waiting for our CAMS affiliation to go through with a couple of clarifying points (like what category cars are log booked under etc as we have a mix of IPRA, CC, SS cars etc)

If you are interested have a look at the qv8s.com, this is where we are going.

Shorty we will go public when we have some more answers and a few race dates locked in.
                              VB Commo Lap Times - Winton 1:35.47 / Sandown 1:24.43 / Calder 1:05.74 / Phillip Island 1:49.0032 / Haunted Hills 1:00.30 / Bathurst 2:39:52

I agree with whatever Mark Webber just said.

Comment

Kaiser , fabraications in breaside are building it . They suggested running the V roof bar and V to the rear stays , ties in nicely with the commo rear susp mounts and removes a few bars in process . Using a ladder style for the side intrusion so i can get in and out easier plus a few other bars to tie everything in , they have done a few IP cars so know the rules and restrictions of the class .

Johnno , lurch and budge have summed it up regarding vicV8's . Think entry level motorsport without the bif and barge of competitive state series , or a sprint day with passing and a grid .

acads
                                Sandown 1.23.31
                                Calder 1.05.76
                                Phillip Island 1.47.95
                                Winton 1.33.30
                                Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Working...
                                X