Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Budge View Post
    Hey guys, Adam has jumped the gun a little... This is very new and we are just waiting for our CAMS affiliation to go through with a couple of clarifying points (like what category cars are log booked under etc as we have a mix of IPRA, CC, SS cars etc)

If you are interested have a look at the qv8s.com, this is where we are going.

Shorty we will go public when we have some more answers and a few race dates locked in.

Had a look at the Queensland website and looks like a good thing.
    I'm sure this series is going to attract a lot of interest.
    Hope it gets off the ground.
    Keep us posted. I know of a few people that would be keen to run in a series such as this.

Comment

Originally posted by adamRSLC View Post
      Kaiser , fabraications in breaside are building it . They suggested running the V roof bar and V to the rear stays , ties in nicely with the commo rear susp mounts and removes a few bars in process . Using a ladder style for the side intrusion so i can get in and out easier plus a few other bars to tie everything in , they have done a few IP cars so know the rules and restrictions of the class .

acads
      Sweet. I've gone with a removable wheel instead to help me get in and out of my Bug, me being a fat bastard and all.
      Sparta, Rome, The Knights of Europe, the Samurai. They worship strength, because it is strength that makes all other values possible.

Han, Enter the Dragon

Comment

the VL has certainly come a long way from the beginning of the thread, well done!
        I like the panhard rod mount modification. I'm planning on measuring up my roll centres and working out if such a mod would be beneficial to my setup

love the video footage too

Comment

[QUOTE=adamRSLC;841656913]Finally the commo has become deregistered as it gets ready for a bit of the folding stuff to be lavished on it , its a shame but all of it is going towards safety instead of more HP which goes against the grain for PF but rules are rules .

Ive entered a new race series this year called "VicV8's" which is a sister club to QldV8's which dan is president of . My car will still be set up for IPRA as it qualifies for both catagories but ill be only in VicV8's for this year .

First step is a cage to '13 cams and IPRA LM specs which will be finalised this week and hopefully started at the end of feb at the latest , this will take the most time and money to complete but the removal of the brake booster and the fitment of the rest of the walky kit will take place at the same time along with the minor cancer under the front screen .

So this is what was removed , radio , heater , sound proofing , harness bar and associated bits of plastic which came to 15kg . The cage weight has come in at 70kg so ive got some work to do thats for sure . Ive still got the remove the booster and a few things from the engine bay and all the excess wiring but the VL is going to be a little fatter than the current 1238kg.

Interior is looking a little sparse

Nice build mate .
          Looking at your photo of excess interior stuff you might want to have another read of the 3J I.P rules.Been updated this this year.

Comment

I've had a scan of the new rules , all of the required parts that have been removed to fit the cage will be refitted as per 3J rules .

Car is ready to go to cage guys , just waiting on some space at the factory .

Acads
            Sandown 1.23.31
            Calder 1.05.76
            Phillip Island 1.47.95
            Winton 1.33.30
            H/Hills hill climb 1.03.3(FG XR6T)
            Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Im updating the VNs cage now, Have to start a build thread even tho its about finished. Very much an Ebay IP racer.
              GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Comment

Put one up Steve , I've seen small pics on the IP forum but keen to see some more info . If the LSjaun ever dies (5 years in this car ) I'm still tossing up going to a L98 or building an angrier LS1 , remembering ill have to change the wiring loom and puter for it to work .

Adam
                Sandown 1.23.31
                Calder 1.05.76
                Phillip Island 1.47.95
                Winton 1.33.30
                Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Originally posted by Supashake View Post
                  Im updating the VNs cage now, Have to start a build thread even tho its about finished. Very much an Ebay IP racer.
                  Yeah, you need to do exactly this Steve. So I can replicate it in a VS...
                  The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by adamRSLC View Post
                    Put one up Steve , I've seen small pics on the IP forum but keen to see some more info . If the LSjaun ever dies (5 years in this car ) I'm still tossing up going to a L98 or building an angrier LS1 , remembering ill have to change the wiring loom and puter for it to work .

Adam
                    No you don't have to change ECU etc. Change Crank trigger disc and Cam gear home trigger then retune. Its quite easy.
                    Looks like my car will be within 15K finished lol. Love ebay and home build.
                    GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Comment

just use the converter box then you dont have to change a thing lol
                      im a cunt
                      and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

I recall them having teething issues Dale - all good now ?
                        The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

So easy to fit the right triggers when doing the build. No extra parts to go wrong.
                          GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Comment

The work never stops on this car ,

I didnt plan on removing the loom but i was tidying it up when i decided to unplug a few connectors then this happened ....

Makes it easier for the cage guys and as the LS runs a seperate loom i just fed it back into the engine bay , ill most likely hide some of the engine bay wiring for a neater finish and relocate the fuse box and relays into the cabin behind the glove box .

Also been working on the removal of the booster , in know cam and mark have run without the booster using the std brake m/cyl with a caliper combination like i run and have had excellent results in brake control . My booster had to go due to the tower bar im fitting so ive made an adapter to remount the master cyl with the booster removed . A pedal box would have been preferred but the budget atm isnt going to allow for that , this mod should at least improve pedal feel and control .

and in situ

Finally an autocure circa 2011 spec trailer to tow this money pit around in , hunt engineering modifications to be completed this weekend .

acads
                            Sandown 1.23.31
                            Calder 1.05.76
                            Phillip Island 1.47.95
                            Winton 1.33.30
                            Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Interesting, is it legal to remove the master vac for road going vehicles as I have a clearance issue with spark plug pointing straight into the master vac which to replace the plug the booster has to come off.

Recap on what brakes your using again?

Comment

Brakes are C4 calipers ( VS HSV 2 spots) and 330mm rotors with std rears , not sure whats legal on the street but brake pressure required from no booster is considerable . Its fine on the track as you can smash them , street not so much .

acads
                                Sandown 1.23.31
                                Calder 1.05.76
                                Phillip Island 1.47.95
                                Winton 1.33.30
                                Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

Working...
                                X