Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoonBoy View Post
    What shocks did you use in the front?
    Koni adjustable RX7 FC shockers, they worked out to be a pretty good height. I had to cut 70mm off the tube height and space the shocker up 30mm and ended up with around 3inch compression travel & 2inch rebound with a 1inch bumpstop. Only problem is you cannot buy the shockers new anymore so I had to hunt down a second hand pair.
    B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
    1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

Originally posted by RESON8 View Post
      Koni adjustable RX7 FC shockers, they worked out to be a pretty good height. I had to cut 70mm off the tube height and space the shocker up 30mm and ended up with around 3inch compression travel & 2inch rebound with a 1inch bumpstop.
      Sounds good

Only problem is you cannot buy the shockers new anymore so I had to hunt down a second hand pair.
      ahh crap!

Comment

you dont need good suspension in a overs car .....its all about POWAR
        SA IPRA cars 15, 51, 77 and 25
        (Sharperto Racing)

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by charged View Post
          you dont need good suspension in a overs car .....its all about POWAR
          The good suspension is needed to make the car look fast when it isn't
          1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

Here are the latest updates.
            Front strut coil over is done.

I have also finished the CAD for caliper adapter, and made one out of MDF and it all lined up nicely.
            I am now struggling to find a supplier for the right grade of aluminum, the bracket is 16mm thick if I go steel it will weight too much. Looking for some 6061 T6 or even better 2024 but all I can come across is 5083 and 6060 which I don't think will cut it.

Comment

It drives

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

nice build, check out my LA sedan. what else are you going to do to the front suspension? still running the steering box?
                  CL valiant sedan 245 3 speed
                  VH dodge utility 215 3 speed, project/ trailer puller
                  74 chrysler lancer LA sedan, 2.6 EFI turbo, 230kw
                  chrysler galant sedan, daily
                  chrysler galant coupe- long term project
                  mitsubishi starion turbo, cutties, front lip, scrapes and smashes on everything

Comment

Just a quick update I am heading out for my first practice day this Friday, hopefully it all holds together and I get a few good laps in. It Took a lot longer to get to this point then expected, having our first offspring 8weeks ago has made it harder to get out in the garage but that on it's own has been exciting.

The engine tune went well, they managed to get just under 350hp out of it using E10 so should make for some fun on the track. All I gave left to do before Friday is wash it and fit the gopro to capture any brown pants moments

I will take some pics tomorrow after I give it a wash.

Comment

Good luck.
                      Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                      You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Looked god out there today on the track. Keep at it.
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The new nugget
                        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Had a blast today, first session was interesting the car is a lot more grunty then expected and can brake traction so easily on cold tires. I spun it twice in the first session one little one in the s's and then another after turn1 by getting onto the gas to early.

Kept getting more consistent through the other sessions managed a 1:30 flat in the second session I know I was doing faster in the others but my lap timer wasn't liking me.

No major issues, biggest let down was the carter lift pump it has push on electrical connections and they vibrated loose a few times. Apart from that and needing to raise the boost up from 15psi it is ready to go again in a few weeks time.

Sorting through videos now, will post up links when I am done.

Comment

Sounds like you did alright.

I spun it twice in the first session one little one in the s's and then another after turn1 by getting onto the gas to early.
                            250+kw in a sub 800kg car with a short ass wheel base will do that.
                            Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                            You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

This is my spin on turn1, it was in the first practice session, no excuses apart from poor driving. By the end of the day I was turning in a lot later and starting to trust the brakes and going through in 4th gear.

Comment

Just read through this. Great stuff and congrats on all the hard work. It's got a bit of go now doesn't it!! What size motor and turbo? Is that a GT3071 .63?
                                Post some more vids!
                                http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...lenge-accepted

Comment

Working...
                                X