No announcement yet.

LB Lancer Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn this is looking good (even if it is yellow!)

For circuit you won't need an enormously strong diff as it's not under the shock loads of a drag car. But LSD is a must. I'd avoid a locked diff in a small car like the lancer, they are twitchy enough as it is.

Whatever diff you use you will have to cut down anyway. The lancer is a damn narrow car. Have a look at what the datto 1200 guys use.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Theres lancer coupe in the trading post this week, its a logged as 3j

Price:$ 6,000.00
      IMPROVED PRODUCTION/DRAG/DRIFT, LANCER,, 77 Hatch, Evo 6 Motor, Supra Box, Mazda RX7 Brakes ect, with Cams Log books, requires some assembly, $6000 or near offer (08)83845344, After Hours (08) 82706728 LONSDALE Item location:SA, AustraliaFirst published:7 October 2008Source:Trading Post - Adelaide

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automo...kToResult=true

When will your car be ready mate, the more car in IP the better
      SA IPRA cars 15, 51, 77 and 25
      (Sharperto Racing)

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/

Comment

That'd be an LB hatch. Nice cars but didn't handle as well as the sedans.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I just called up about that lancer, I was considering buying it and converting it all of the running gear over to my car. It has a welded nissan 720 diff the head is off the motor and the ecu has been sold. It used to be eddie wreckers old car I might go check it out it did use to run 1:19's around Malalla when running a vr4 motor.

I think I will keep going on mine there are too many things that I would want to change and if I dont use the hatch body and roll cage it kind of makes it not worth while. I have been ringing around for roll cages today they arn't so cheap

Here is the latest picture, I have installed the front flares so now I should be able to fit some longer sigma lower control arms for more track and run 205x50x15's (the picture shows 205x60x15's)

Hopefully once I add the flares to the back I get away with dropping in a RX7 gen1 diff without having to chop it down.
          I picked up a W58 box last week and should have the adaptor bell housing next week.

I wanted it on the road by the end of the year but with christmas expenses and house building expenses it is make it hard.
          B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
          1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

theres a LB at u-pull-it lonsdale fyi

Comment

TonyL - cheers for that I will have to check it out I still need a half decent front bar.

I had a few days of work so got stuck into installing the new seat. I had to unpick the factory front seat crossbrace as it had the new seat sitting too high. It now sits nice and low and far back, hopefully not to far back for the roll cage.

I also have fitted up to dellow bellhousing adaptor so I can bolt up my W58 to a VR4 narrow block. I need to find a 2lt sigma fly wheel to finish of the conversion but not having much luck finding an aftermarket lightweight one and the stock ones are cast.

1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

Seat location should be fine for the cage, my main hoop is just in front of the rear seat brace and it looks like you will have clearance there.

I think cheaterparts on sigma-galant makes flywheels.

Comment

Fletch has made an appreance on this forum.
                  He makes all sorts of stuff for Galant's/Mitsi's.
                  Classic Auto Fabrications:
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

He also has a habit of not answering enquiries

Comment

Originally posted by HoonBoy View Post
                      Seat location should be fine for the cage, my main hoop is just in front of the rear seat brace and it looks like you will have clearance there.

I think cheaterparts on sigma-galant makes flywheels.
                      He does, il let him know about this thread.
                      Mad Cunt
                      Galant '93 6A12TT Calder 1:17.1200 14/03/15 - Sandown 1:32.0556 04/10/15 - Phillip Island 1:58.0573 20/03/2016 - Winton 1:46.5678 1/11/2015 (Natsoft)

Comment

cheaterparts is also on the IPRA forum too.
                        Originally posted by Carroll Smith
                        The price of Man in motion is the occasional collision.
                        Royalpurple Oils

Comment

I picked up a series3 rx7 diff with brakes and control arms. We dummy fitted it to the car today and it is definetly much wider then the stock lancer diff, roughly 14cm overall Even with my flares the 205's are hanging out way to far. I could go wider flares to make full use of the 100mm maximum allowed gain in body width but it would still be close, current flares only add 40mm total. I will look into getting the diff chopped down between 3-4inches either side, I would rather go to short and then use spacers then still be to wide.
                          The wheels in the photos have a +26mm offset the ones I want to use are 0 offset.

Comment

Looks good, suck about the wheel in the gaurds rule.
                            Mad Cunt
                            Galant '93 6A12TT Calder 1:17.1200 14/03/15 - Sandown 1:32.0556 04/10/15 - Phillip Island 1:58.0573 20/03/2016 - Winton 1:46.5678 1/11/2015 (Natsoft)

Comment

That's a fair bit wider then what I had guessed / looked up on the interweb. Will it stil be a cost effective diff by the time you add an LSD, decent ratio and have it narrowed?

Comment

Originally posted by HoonBoy View Post
                                That's a fair bit wider then what I had guessed / looked up on the interweb. Will it stil be a cost effective diff by the time you add an LSD, decent ratio and have it narrowed?
                                I think it will still work out ok with costs, but I am learning quickly not to count the money

It should be good diff LSD's are cheap and heaps of ratios; it is a lot lighter than a hilux etc, just a matter of how the 26 spline axles hold up. A RX4 would have been better as it is narrower and has 28 spline axles but LSD's are harder to find and you would have to change the stud pattern. I will get some quotes next week on what it will cost to shorten, mates who have had it done don't seem to think it is that pricey.
                                I am still trying to work out what to use in the way of a floater setup for the leafs, and if I am even allowed to use them in IPRA.

I got it booked in for its cage at Walker chassis, full 6-point weld in with extra brace in main hoop and roof as well as side intrusion bars and harness bar. The soonest I could get in was the last weekend of January

Comment

Working...
                                X