• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the McDonald's bros site, shortening costs are:
    Housing - $300
    Axles - $175 (each)
    Bolt pattern change $250
    I don't know if I would be happy with shortened standard axles unless they were heat treated properly.
    They also do some floater kits for $195 http://www.mcdonaldbrosracing.com.au/leaffloaters.html but I don't think they would be IPRA legal

Originally posted by IPRA Manual
    Live axles: The original configuration and type of all suspension pivot points on the assembly must be retained, save for lateral location as per article 9.10. The rear axle assembly is otherwise free. Fully floating hubs are encouraged.
    That's a long wait for the cage! I gues it gives you time to sort out other bits

Comment

hey mate, can i ask what you got quoted for the cage? walker seem to be the shizzle, but expensive?
      Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Hoonboy, I don't like the look of the McDonald floaters, there are some better designs out there.

Cage is $2200, he does a fixed price it doesn't matter what car you have. There are others out there that could have got it done before christmas but they give ballpark figures and charge by the hour.
        B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
        1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

what does 2200 include, ring RMF fabrication he makes some pimp ass cages.
          3D scanning
          3D modelling
          Structural certification
          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

$2200 is a great price if it's a decent cage. Mine was done by Pete Cleary at ProRacing at mates rates and still cost me 3k...
            The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
              what does 2200 include, ring RMF fabrication he makes some pimp ass cages.
              2200 is a full weldin 6 point cage with bracing to the a and b pillars, side intrusion bars and extra diagonal brace through across the roof and in the drivers main hoop as well as a harness bar. I will RMF see how busy they are and how much, I would really like it done before christmas.
              1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

his number is 83847248
                3D scanning
                3D modelling
                Structural certification
                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

$2200 fixed is alot better than i expexted, and the walker cages ive seen seem to be pretty good. You reckon they would be able to cut a dashboard out where the a-pillar bars go?

very pleased to see $2200

cheers,
                  jeff

Comment

I am sending it to them without the dash in so they can run the front legs along the a-pillars, I will trim it to get it back in.

Comment

thats the best way to do it none of this gay arsed dogleg shit in the front bars that will weaken it.
                      Originally posted by Carroll Smith
                      The price of Man in motion is the occasional collision.
                      Royalpurple Oils

Comment

without extra gussets/bars i dont think its even legal to have a dogleg in the a pilar bar.

Do they paint the cage? I can imagine an extremely fustrating paint session trying to mask the car and trying not to miss any of the barwork if i were to do it myself

Comment

por15 self levelling brush on paint for the win! Just don't do it by dodgy light like I did, you will miss spots that are bloody obvious in sunlight

Comment

Any updates on the diff?

Comment

Originally posted by HoonBoy View Post
                              Any updates on the diff?
                              I haven't done anymore. I am going to go some wider flares at the rear take up the maximum allowed, will try some torana flares. I am also considering trying a more positive offset wheel, FWD style to avoid cutting the diff down, but it won't look right without any dish.

I am also checking out a diff from a 1981 mazda 929 wagon. It the wrong style PCD for the wheel studs but it is free, we have no idea what axles they ran if it is decent I will cut it to suit the lancer and sell off the RX7 diff.

Comment

Sounds like a weird option! What about a hilux diff with stud pattern change? Adds about 3cm per side compared to the stock diff.

Comment

Working...
                                X