No announcement yet.

LB Lancer Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange option but it is free, I hoping it will have 28spline axles like the rx4 if not I won't bother.

What year hilux is that? it might be too heavy for such a little car.
    B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
    1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

Not sure of the year, think it was a RN40?? I don't know how much heavier it would be over the standard diff, but any decent option is going to be heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by RESON8 View Post
        Strange option but it is free, I hoping it will have 28spline axles like the rx4 if not I won't bother.

What year hilux is that? it might be too heavy for such a little car.
        Pretty sure the 929 is the 28 spline just like a RX4, fuckin hilux is too big, also the spectron diff is the same if IIRC
        SA IPRA cars 15, 51, 77 and 25
        (Sharperto Racing)

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/

Comment

Adam Allan mentioned something about a spectron diff, it is meant to be narrow maybe no chopping needed.
          I will go to the wreckers and see if I can find one to measure up.
          1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

Any updates on the diff or wider flares?

Comment

No updates on the diff yet.
              But i am picking up the vr4 donk this week and cage is going in on 31st

Comment

Progress, cool

Comment

Diff

Reason,

Something also to consider with decision on a diff is the sprung Vs unsprung weight with handling characteristics.

Cars looking very nice.

Cheers,
                  Mick

Comment

Just got the car back from Walker Chassis today they did all roll cage work, and I am very happy with their work and turn around, highly recommended.

It is a 6point weld in with harness bar, rear diagonal brace and diagonal in the roof plus side intrusion bars. You can see in the picture that they also put small diagonal gussets from the main hoop to the b-pillar and top bar. I wanted it braced to the b-pillar but because the main hoop is set so far back they had to do it like this, it worked out well. I might have to squeeze some padding over the diagonal on the drivers side as I am sure I will hit it with my helmet over bumps.

The front legs are nice and tight against the a-pillar and dont obstruct your view or the pedals.

I am still waiting for my engine to be pulled out of the front cut a the wreckers then I can get stuck into the fun stuff.

Here are the pics.

Comment

looks good! what diameter is that? looks pretty thin!

dude...yellow...
                      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Nice! No harness bar?

Comment

The yellow looks good in the flesh. The price was right also!

Comment

I wanted it green but was told it was unlucky on race car then saw 20L of the yellow up on ebay for $100.

Main hoop OD is 45mm 2.6mm wall thickness, all other are 38.1mm OD 2.6mm wall thickness.

Hoonboy, the harness bar runs between the two lower back legs, the camera angles aren't that good but the harness can get through and at the right angle.

Comment

I wanted it green but was told it was unlucky on race car ...
                              You suck

Hoonboy, the harness bar runs between the two lower back legs, the camera angles aren't that good but the harness can get through and at the right angle.
                              OK, looks a little low, I know mine is about 10cm higher then that and I would of preferred higher but had to compromise due to the co-drivers lack of height. As long as it's not more then 45 degress you will technically be fine anyway.

Comment

fair enuff. Yellow does look better on racecars than road cars, and green vice versa (sorry hoonboy lol) but a fresh coat of Spitfire Orange looked fantastic on my rally car.
                                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                                my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Working...
                                X