No announcement yet.

LB Lancer Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[jeffs dad]the cams "legal"harness bar is already fitted in the cage...horizontal bar between the rear wheel arches!..as long as it isn't lower than 40 degrees from shoulder horizontal.also [in sa]i like to see 2 "stops "
    1each side of harness to stop it sliding sideways eg.2..large cable ties or[neater]a "u"shaped metal bracket over each belt,especially if there is any extreme length between seat& rear mntg. point.10 degrees is ideal but still allowed 40 deg.for harness angle.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

You obviously know ashley I recognize the trailer, I towed my car to PI with it, it was fuckin awesome.. I havent seen Ash for a while how is the sigma going... ready to hit the track

Cheers
      John

SA IPRA cars 15, 51, 77 and 25
      (Sharperto Racing)

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by RESON8 View Post

Here are the pics.

looks great - how much extra did you pay for the additional bars?
        Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

where the bars meet the top of the hoop can u take a pic how close they are? and also feel if they welded all around, im getting heaps picky these days lol.
          3D scanning
          3D modelling
          Structural certification
          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

John, goood work picking the trailer I used to work with Ash at ZF he convinced me it would be good idea to build the car. I think all of the body work is done on his sigma just needs some paint and he has a different box to go aswell.
            The trailer does tow well apart from my lack of brake controller, I plan to get a trailer but something smaller my car is just wide enough for Ash's.

Da9jeff - He did charge me any extra for the braces, even kept the same price that he quoted me 3months ago when I booked it in.

Playa - the weld goes all the way around even up around near the roof where the would only be 10mm clearance. Here are the photos of the bars meeting on the main hoop at the drivers side, first one is driver side of the hoop the second is through the rear door opening. If you want to come around and check it let me know.

B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
            1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

that dude must be pro++, i know he does do it for a living but still thats close where the A piller bars go
              is there holes in your floor where he dropped the cage down?
              3D scanning
              3D modelling
              Structural certification
              3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

No holes in the floor there is steel plate welded to the floor the tube welded to that. For the main hoop feet he boxed up a section, below picture is of the passenger side.

1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

Hoonboy or Jim do you anything about the Lancer a175 diff? I might be able to get one with a 3.9ratio and mech LSD but I don't know anything about them and how much power they can take.
                  I will go and measure it up tomorrow.

Comment

yea the box is how he got to the top, tack it all up then drop it down fully weld it then put the box in. smart
                    3D scanning
                    3D modelling
                    Structural certification
                    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Hoonboy or Jim do you anything about the Lancer a175 diff? I might be able to get one with a 3.9ratio and mech LSD but I don't know anything about them and how much power they can take.
                      I will go and measure it up tomorrow.
                      Interchangable with the stock diff... I bent an axle with the old motor and only 106bhp at the wheels..

Comment

Just got the car back from Walker Chassis today they did all roll cage work, and I am very happy with their work and turn around, highly recommended.

It is a 6point weld in with harness bar, rear diagonal brace and diagonal in the roof plus side intrusion bars. You can see in the picture that they also put small diagonal gussets from the main hoop to the b-pillar and top bar. I wanted it braced to the b-pillar but because the main hoop is set so far back they had to do it like this, it worked out well. I might have to squeeze some padding over the diagonal on the drivers side as I am sure I will hit it with my helmet over bumps
                        Is there a good reason that brace next to your head doesn't continue back to the rear feet?
                        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                          Is there a good reason that brace next to your head doesn't continue back to the rear feet?
                          its how they always do it, seen same thing in the cams manual

also where is your taxi bar for harness mounts?
                          3D scanning
                          3D modelling
                          Structural certification
                          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
                            its how they always do it, seen same thing in the cams manual
                            Doesn't mean its the right way... Terminating a diagonal in the middle of a span is bad practice - doesn't transfer the loads anywhere except into bending the span.
                            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

that tube is larger then usually used, have a look at every WRC car, they use it to strengthen that junction, usually around 20 cm long from what i seen.

I mean the door bars terminate in the middle of the hoop too....
                              3D scanning
                              3D modelling
                              Structural certification
                              3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
                                also where is your taxi bar for harness mounts?
                                See the posts above, he is using the bar going between the rear legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X