• P1STOL
    replied
    Anything to update us on mate?

Cheers, Paul.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyg
    replied
    Thanks heaps for the update.

Ps just fitted a w57 to my car and fark its tight! Like the Shack and his birds first meet shit! Lol

Leave a comment:

• P1STOL
    replied
    Thanks for taking the time to give us an update, much appreciated! Can't wait for more video footage too! Also, what did you find to be the hardest/worst part of your build?

Cheers, Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Streety
    replied
    Great build!
    I built a la 2 door with the same motor back in the late 90's wasn't as nice as yours though .

Leave a comment:

• RESON8
    replied
    Not torana flares I believe that they are rear datsun 240zg flares on both the front and back.

Sadly I haven't had the car out this year, I had it loaded on the trailer ready to go out a few weeks back but it was too wet. There is another practice day in a few weeks I will aim for that one.
    Since the above videos I have messed around with the rear leafs, they are a lot softer now which has definitely settled the car down although it was causing the diff and prop shaft to hit the under body.

I have just finished pulling some lowering block out of the back and going from a 4.44 to a 4.1 diff, it looks a little jack up but should hopefully handle better. I will take some video next time I am out.

Leave a comment:

• P1STOL
    replied
    So, did you end up using torana flares? And any updates? Especially updates that include pics!!

Leave a comment:

• MRMOPARMAN
    replied
    i was goin to say - holy shit that arse gets light... before i saw the last vid.

so i guess you realised :D

Leave a comment:

• RESON8
    replied
    Small update, new motor is in and I took it out for its' first race on the weekend. I have more power but only managed to even my PB of a 1:18.3 but most importantly the motor is now reliable and running cool, it sits on 85deg with tape over the grill (I love E85) I managed to finish a 2day meet with no major dramas. The car still handles like a pig and I struggle to carry decent corner speed, I have been dicking around with the suspension so much to try and compensate for the oversprung rear leafs, also made it worst by upgrading the rear shocks to try and gain more rebound but also introduced more compression.

Here are a few videos from the weekend, the first one is my best lap 1:18.3, you will notice the lack in being able to carry corner speed, it took me a while to get used to the twin master brake setup that I put in whilst the engine was out. The second video is me having a very unlucky/lucky moment on the kink along the back straight at 180km/h, very happy to be able to drive away from that one, it would appear that I had a fuel leak that made its way onto the outside rear tyre much like the poo that leaked out of my bum down my leg.

Skip to 3min mark for grass cutting

Leave a comment:

• jimmyg
    replied
    Any word on the new motor? Cant wait to hear how it works out.

Leave a comment:

• ENGINR
    replied
    Isn't it done YET!? What are you doing mate!?

Leave a comment:

• RESON8
    replied
    Originally posted by P1STOL View Post
    Updates with this beast?
    Blew the head gasket again, I got feed up with a non reliable motor so decided to get a hicomp forged E85 donk built and it is currently sitting on the engine dyno wanting to be tunned.

Whilst I had the car apart I also made up a dual brake master setup, the brakes on it were pretty good but I found the adjustment of the hydraulic bias valve to be too coarse. Also had the front shocks revalved and some new rear adjustable koni's valved up to suit as the bilsteins had no where near enough rebound control.

Whilst I have been waiting for the motor to be built I have starting mucking around with my spare parts car, installing all of the good spare parts that I had laying around. It wont be anything to flash but it will roll on some spare 225 semi's and run bolt on flares so it should look tough.

Leave a comment:

• P1STOL
    replied
    Updates with this beast?

Leave a comment:

• RESON8
    replied
    Studs sorted, ended up adding a lot of free play to the exhaust by cutting the dump pipe off just after the 90deg downwards bend and welding on some convoluted stainless flexi tube that the rear exhaust section slides up into meaning the manifold doesn't cop anymore knocks from the rear section and a lot less weight on hanging off the turbo. For the studs I ended up using 80mm long high tensile grub screws with k-nuts on both ends then tack welded the nuts to studs and nuts to manifolds, no issues yet.

Head gasket replacement has made a huge improvement on the weekend the car hardly went over 80degs, and it has heaps more punch even enough to get me into the 1:18's around Mallala.

Leave a comment:

• tim510
    replied
    studs and gasket = fixed?

Leave a comment:

• RESON8
    replied
    Originally posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    car looks awesome in the flesh, and goes well too, a real credit to you
    Cheers, I was impressed with the times you were getting with your car (and more so your sons time ) when you have so many restrictions power and brake wise

Leave a comment:

Working...
X