Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

takai & Gavs KE30 Dirt funmobile

A while ago my housemate had this little KE30 2door, but was realistically too slack to do anything with it, and so Gav bought it and dailyed it for a while and now it sits at a mates up the road languishing.

We have always thought about making it into a dirt fun car, for khanas and rallycrosses etc, and today reminded by how sick this is:

I thought i shoudl start a thread for it.

This is how it looked about 3 years ago:

It doesnt have that 5K anymore, but we will run it with a 4K and a beefy cam (same as Gav had running in it a while ago), probably also with a side draft, simply because they sound awesome.

Going to keep it relatively simple to start with, just a pair of seats, and probably a hydro handbrake plumbed inline with the rear brakes, keep it nice and simple and road legal.

I havnt built a dirt car properly, and really only helped others with them, so i forsee much reading of the CAMS manual and asking around on various forums for ideas and help. What do people on here think?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

do eettttttttttt! I loved my KE30 when I had it... it was a white two door sedan too.

yeah seats, hydro if you're keen- drum brakes work really well on dirt with normal handbrake- I've never bothered with a hydro in the gemini for that reason.

how 'serious' dirt are you going?? autocross at Lanac park? or further

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Start with Lanac, and might take it further.... much further.

I used to have a 35 when i was doing Juniors in Canberra, was good fun. I didnt build it though, my neighbour did.
      Chris
      ------
      The new nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

for lanac I'd just leave it basic.

if you get more serious, usual stuff applies, cage in compliance with Sched. J, stitch weld the chassis, run a 5.1 hilux diff, bilsteins, vented front 'rona discs, but you'll be stuck with a 4K or 5 K since the sedans never had the 2T in them, like the coupes. Unless CAMS sees sense and introduces the club rally car stuff it's proposing, and then you could go 3S, or 4A

actually- just talk to Raynman - he and his bro had one.... they know the tricks..

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake

Comment

Yeah, initially we were only going to do it fairly basically. On the cards first up though is getting in and doing some stitch welding as it has a small crack in a chassis rail that ill need to plate anyway.

Probably start with the vented rona setup as well as all that gear is fairly easy to get your hands on and the stubaxles are much larger than the KE30 gear.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget

Comment

thought you'd be all over it ...

Comment

I forgot to mention that we are also thinking of doing a Variety bash in this too, so nfi what that requires... might want to check that one day.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget

Comment

Cams Group 4H & Schedule A is all that is required for khanacross.

------
                Dave

Suzuki Mighty Boy / BEC Rear Mid mount Suzuki 1150cc 450kg Hillclimber [in the build]

Comment

This will be cool.
                  #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Echo what rowds says about the handbrake. A bash plate is a good idea.

Comment

We've gotta finish the Supra's before taking this much, much further

Just reckon get it prepared enough for the bash to start, and khanacross.

Comment

Yeah, definately, not much would be needed for getting it ready for Khanas though...
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The new nugget

Comment

I still reckon Charade turbo carby and the SC12 thats sitting in my shed FTW

Comment

subscribing with interest

fuck the SC

turbo it

T25 off a CA can be had for about $2
                            www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Comment

Nah, keep it NA to start with, more fun on dirt giggity
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget

Comment

Working...
                              X