X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Sprintcar

certified idiot

sounds the goods, do you have a link to the rules and what does a new maxim chassis roughly cost?

Thanks.
    Profi

Comment

You guys are crazy! bloody good racing though.
      Got any vids?

Comment

certified idiot

Comment

I'm jealous... I must admit, I went to Parramatta for the big shoes recently, and was reminded why I liked sprintcars. But I don't think I could afford to do it properly.

I would like to drive one, though.
          Right now I'm eating scrambled egg. With a comb! Out of a shoe!

Comment

For some reason, speedway has never done anything for me. However, seeing how the cars accelerate from the start and the sound of them is pretty cool.

Comment

Yeh ive been to parramatta to watch them too, after half an hour i started the need to chew tabacco and rest a shotty on my knee, the barrel pointing to the sky, lucky I dont have a sister.

Need balls to race em tho.

Comment

Awesome. I grew up around speedway (old man had a super sedan). As much as I would love one of these things I don't think I could ever justify tearing up 10k+ in a single accident. Closest I think I would ever get is one of the new lightning sprints.
                Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                I <3 Hamster

Comment

Originally posted by BoganDAVE View Post
                  I don't think I could ever justify tearing up 10k+ in a single accident.
                  Best steer clear of motorsport then
                  "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                    Best steer clear of motorsport then
                    yeah, but in sprintcars you could concievably have two of those in one night or multiple in a season. A top flight sprintcar team would probably burn more cash than a konica team, as an example.
                    Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                    I <3 Hamster

Comment

Awesome. I grew up around speedway (old man had a super sedan). As much as I would love one of these things I don't think I could ever justify tearing up 10k+ in a single accident. Closest I think I would ever get is one of the new lightning sprints.
                      Or worse.. Bloke from school died in sprint cars. just saying, can die in any sport...

RIP Scott Darley

Comment

I reckon the sprint cars are awesome to watch, thanks for the thread dieline.
                        If that makes me a redneck, sign me up.

The last meet I went to see at Virginia here in SA, I was surprised how little difference really there was between lap times of the opens vs 360s. Having a chat to one of the mechanics in the pit after, he reckons Australian tracks aren't really long enough to make full use of the extra power, compared to some of the mile long tracks in the US.

Comment

I used to race a super sedan, and still race a couple of speedway go karts when not racing IP car, would love to race a sprintcar though, 360 sprintcars are pretty big in SA/Vic. there is a complete team for sale at the moment for 45k, with the truck and all spares, bargain it would be if I had 45k...
                          E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Comment

certified idiot

Comment

As much as I would love one of these things I don't think I could ever justify tearing up 10k+ in a single accident.
                              I've had an accident that cost 5K, and that was in a bloody Hyundai Excel rally car.

Old man raced sprintcars, and before I started getting involved in rallying, I was on Grant Tunks' pit crew for a season. Still have a soft spot for them, I guess, but rallying is where it's at for me now.

Still, I'd love to have a go.
                              Right now I'm eating scrambled egg. With a comb! Out of a shoe!

Comment

Working...
                              X