Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fro View Post
    I've had an accident that cost 5K, and that was in a bloody Hyundai Excel rally car.
    That'd be a write off wouldn't it?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

hey dieline

you end up getting a carby?? you coming up to bunbury or collie anytime soon?
      Originally posted by Carroll Smith
      The price of Man in motion is the occasional collision.
      Royalpurple Oils

Comment

Dieline, what do tyres cost nowadays for a sprintcar? How many right rears would you go through per meeting? How many do you have to have in the trailer to be able to change stagger/compound?

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
        That'd be a write off wouldn't it?
        Re-shell. Bending the main hoop in the cage (along with every bar on the left-hand side of the car).

So, pretty much a write-off. Re-use the struts and the seats/safety gear. Spend another 5 months building a new car.
        Right now I'm eating scrambled egg. With a comb! Out of a shoe!

Comment

Dieline, what do tyres cost nowadays for a sprintcar? How many right rears would you go through per meeting? How many do you have to have in the trailer to be able to change stagger/compound?
          a dry track will completely destroy both rear tyres in one race, tyre wear varies a huge amount depending on surface and moisture.

the 360 sprintcars in eastern states run a control alloy head package...but currently, there are 2 different specs for the engines, the one that australian sprintcar control council mandated, and the US spec 360 engine, this year, they are allowed to run together for the first time (finally) and eventually, will be one set of specs for all
          E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Comment

Originally posted by morerevsm3 View Post
            a dry track will completely destroy both rear tyres in one race, tyre wear varies a huge amount depending on surface and moisture.
            Yeah, more trying to get a feel for what a meeting is likely to cost in tyres... I'm familiar with the conditions effecting tyre wear. Gravel rallying is similarly changeable.

the 360 sprintcars in eastern states run a control alloy head package...but currently, there are 2 different specs for the engines, the one that australian sprintcar control council mandated, and the US spec 360 engine, this year, they are allowed to run together for the first time (finally) and eventually, will be one set of specs for all
            Interesting... I thought the ASCS(???) US sprintcars allowed 2and3/16ths injection? So the SCCA mandated carbs? How much is a top-spec 360 motor?

Comment

Interesting... I thought the ASCS(???) US sprintcars allowed 2and3/16ths injection? So the SCCA mandated carbs? How much is a top-spec 360 motor?
              SCCA 360's are also injected, only the WA limited sprintcars, and a Vic 320 cube sprintcar class has carbs

Comment

SCCA 360's are also injected, only the WA limited sprintcars, and a Vic 320 cube sprintcar class has carbs
                Fuck, and I thought rallying was fucked with eleventybillion different fucking classes. I'd be halfway interested in speedway, but seems like every track has a different class structure, and different control tyres and various other malarchy.

Comment

stick to the national classes, and you can race almost anywhere (and have a market to sell your gear) classes here

http://www.nasr.com.au/

Comment

certified idiot

Comment

yeah mate deal on the carby is still good and i have a holley rebuild kit here also that i can do u a good deal on.

yeah collie loves there production sedans. they have my old mans memorial trophy every October for the opening too.
                      Originally posted by Carroll Smith
                      The price of Man in motion is the occasional collision.
                      Royalpurple Oils

Comment

Originally posted by goose View Post
                        compared to some of the mile long tracks in the US.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnbV_2T3aSM
                        The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by Billzilla View Post
                          You guys are crazy! bloody good racing though.
                          Got any vids?
                          x2, you guys are nucking futs!!!!
                          But love your work, also as entertaining as hell to watch! :D

My old machinic use to race them, did pretty well to from what I heard.

/ --------------- \
                          _/ /___________\ \_
                          /_________|_________\
                          |OOO ___________ OOO|
                          \______|====|______/
                          [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

Mate of mine races sprintcars... You may have heard of him...

This is the single best sprintcar vid I have seen...

Turn up to Loud!!!

Comment

I like this one from Woodsy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC5VTA7ctMU

Comment

certified idiot

Comment

Working...
                                X