Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Daihatsu Charade

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good bro :)

Comment

So went to Wakefield yesterday for Honda Nats.
      Convinced the driver to turn the boost map to the highest setting(have only used low boost = 230hpatw).
      Grenaded the final drive and split the gearcase. OUCH!! Funilly enough the crown and pinion were the only standard parts in the transmission.

Gotta love it. Oh total of 2.5 laps for the day. 2 laps were a warn up on low boost. Drove into the pits and turned the knob to high. Yes it only made it to the fish hook hahahahaha.

Only positive is that the new RAD CAMS are fucking awesome for picture and sound.

Comment

links to said picture and sound fool!

edit - bad luck about the breakage

Comment

This car is so impressive I like how you just went straight for the big guns :D Would have been good to get a few laps in first (other than the warm up) but ah well.

Will be good to see where it gets ya next

Comment

After all the effor, time and money I just want to get to the point. Big Guns it is!!

Comment

Finally loaded a couple of vids of the new cameras that i am using in the car. This is a vid looking at the driver and dash. The windscreen view is still loading to you tube. Car was on low boost 220hp atw.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO5NE...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Only other updates are that the feed for the radiators has been changed.Iinstead of the rear quarter 3 inch nacas it is now running 6 inch pipes fed from the rear quarter windows. I kinda worked out that the naca ducts were a massive restriction in air flow.
                Having two scoops made for the quarter windows in carbon and the front splitter made in foam core carbon also.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1J5HKyoZJ4

Comment

Looking impressive Alex. That thing has some mumba down the straight. Bit of torque steer but that is predictable. Like the cameras. Good resolution. What are they, Motec?
                    Was the driver just unfamiliar with the gearbox or is it a bit tricky to grab the right cog each time? When was that footage taken?
                    http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...lenge-accepted

Comment

Thanks mate. Yeah weighs very little so even with the boost on the lowest setting it gets up and goes.
                      Cameras are the ones from RacerRecal. 6000sux(i think his name is) from here recomended them and after seeing his footage could not say no for the price. If motec was a HD setup I would get them but they are not!!
                      The shifter works rather well. The only problem is that there is some movement in the bottom of the stick where it attaches to the rod which leads to the gearbox. Being such a long stick it magnifies at the knob end.
                      That footage was taken in October. Third time the car went out and still sorting the cooling issues :( Hopefully that is all behind me now with the new radiator feed :)

Comment

It's going to be very interesting to see how the extra boost/power translates into times. That is, how much extra torque steer you might get. Still, it's a howler for sure. Think you should be able to get into the 1:05s in the not too distant future and then some.

I didn't think they were Motec. Can't believe how Motec have dropped the ball in that dept but wouldn't be surprised if they're not working on something. Your's look pretty damn good. Might have to check them out. Just looking on their site now. What brand/models are yours?

I was thinking it was the ratio with the longer stick. I'm facing a similar thing. Hope it doesn't lead to issues with shifting.

Look forward to seeing some more film. When are you back out there, Jan?

Comment

Um mine are the RadCams.
                          Told you once before, you should get the custom CMS shifter from the States :)

Comment

It easily pissed in a 1.08 at a shakedown day prior to that video so TBH it will piss in the 1.05.

Comment

Yeah that CMS is a thing of beauty but the money tree has considerably less leaves on it lately. I looked at that when I was going to convert to a GT2 tranny. Now with the 968 trans I'm not sure if it can be converted to run off cables, maybe? The car is getting the full rewire at the moment. Including shifting to a Motec m400 and sensors all over the place. Costing me a bomb.
                              I'll see how we go with what we've got re the shifter.

Ha, yes, you'll probably be pushing the 1:00 min mark by year's end on slicks!!

Comment

The CMS shifter does do cables.
                                Did you end up going with Alessio/Ezzio at CPC for the motec products/instal?
                                You will love the pdm mate.

1 minute flat aye.....I WISH!!

Comment

Working...
                                X