XD Street Stocker

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it depends on the size of the tracks around you mate but for the ones here 2nd in a 3spd seems to suit well. My engine has a pretty high lift cam in it but is still slow as muck with the standard carb. Rules say you are not allowed to port the head from memory but you can get away with a tidy up.
    certified idiot

Comment

so here's some pics. i'll do some more work on it tomorrow.
      the remains of the thermostat. i'll slip out the welsh plugs and get the rest of it out when the donk comes out.

the engine bay now. looks sort of complete.

the dash looking more complete too.

Originally posted by Skompa
      The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

so i gave it another squirt. it is running in a craptacular fashion. the dizzy bushes were fucked and the carb is an unknown quantity. i reckon i'll look there first. and a timing chain. i reckon this one's stretched to buggery.

otherwise, didn't get hot. ran over some barbed wire which fucked the rear brake lines. and generally had an out of control dirt hoot.
        The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

Comment

That dash is not what I would call complete

Comment

i said MORE complete. it has 3 things in it that work now. had none before.

Comment

I'm digging this thread, got to love the minimalist approach to getting this thing running again.

What has happened to the rear door in the first pic? Has it rusted away from the top down?
              Originally posted by Billzilla
              Remember - Ignorance in the true sense of the word does not equal stupidity.
              Wilful ignorance does though.

Comment

some retard cut a big piece out of it. dunno why. doesn't make it any easier to get into or anything.

Comment

Reminds me when the 4 speed shifter broke off in my hand the same way as your picture depicts, I miss my XF Spac...
                  '94 Ford ED XR8 Sprint - 306w, 5-speed manual, 3.9s, Bilsteins, 1 Piston PBR's
                  '02 Ford T3 TS50 - 345w, 4-speed ESS Auto, 3.45s, Konis, Brembos
                  '18 Mitsi MQ Triton GLX 4x4 - It runs!

Comment

so i got some bushes for the dizzy. i wanted to bore out the body to take 2 bushes, as the bush and the hole at the bottom of the dizzy were both flogged. the boring bar i had was too big. i ended up making a smaller one from an old cold chisel.

anyways, got the 2 bushes in there now. no more slop. i've also got a carby kit and a timing chain to put in tomorrow. i'd like it to be able to do doughnuts in second. that's my power goal.

Comment

so i ended up feeling a bit crook on sunday. i put the carby kit in tonight. found a heap of silicone in the primary emulsion tube ! some rooted diaphragms. usual stuff. still runs rich. crapbox. i'd better have a look at the fuel pump i reckon.

Comment

2J transplant candidate?
                        Originally posted by Billzilla
                        Remember - Ignorance in the true sense of the word does not equal stupidity.
                        Wilful ignorance does though.

Comment

nah, 1uz. they were an option weren't they ?

Comment

Originally posted by briney View Post
                            nah, 1uz. they were an option weren't they ?
                            Are you being a dickhead?
                            certified idiot

Comment

Originally posted by dieline View Post
                              italics are better than you
                              you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Originally posted by dieline View Post
                                yes. a rather large one. i reckon one would fit pretty easy though.

Comment

Working...
                                X