UZ Celica AKA GTEight

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it the 'Ferrabusa?' - Mal Oastler ? (usually a green race suit I think?). Impressive time, Wouldn't have thought it was the day for much fasts. 41.xx is quick for a club level meet but I think Peter Gumley has a 39.xx around there for the outright record.

karts would have been hilarous... what with those lovely seats that catch all the cold water.... be bloody scary though.
    Fortitudo et Superbiam

Comment

ah my bad, must have been a 'club' record then? and yeah the ferraBusa. Hell fast...a run seems to happen too quick at my speed, so i can't imagine what it's like with those fasts
      GT8
      1UZ Celica
      1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

But Mal isnt the average spanner turner or pedaler... (being a former Reynard F1 / Indycar engineer does that.)

What timeframe are you on for having the TT up and circulating?
        Fortitudo et Superbiam

Comment

LOL that explains our conversation...he's a pretty humble guy then? just 'tinkers' with cars in his spare time

TT in some time before March next year i hope.
          GT8
          1UZ Celica
          1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

a poorly compressed vid

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w...mpressed00.mp4

If anyone has some tips on vid compression in Virtualdub, i'm all ears.
            GT8
            1UZ Celica
            1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

The UZ is dead, long live the UZ.

I was at WP on Wed and 2nd session the MAP refernce line popped off the ECU (in car). Even though it only ran for seconds seems some damage was done running 16psi with the ECU thinking it was atm . Found the issue and back out for another coupla sessions but the car was feeling flat (still ran smooth) and at the end of session 4 a ring land let go. Smoke out the breathers and all over.

The thing still runs like a smooth stocker and if it wasn't boosted you probably wouldn't know there was a prob Tough engines.

Anyways, i've had my play with the SC and while it was fun and easier to drive it's back to TT for me
              GT8
              1UZ Celica
              1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Sorry to hear, Justen.

You building a new motor or just grabbing one from an importer? Back to the original TTs or new turbos too?

Comment

nice work justin

im in canberra next week, grab a beer with you if your free.. may even bring the 23 over

My 1g RA23

Comment

I'm not too bummed, it was only on there for shits and giggles plus confirm my own beliefs RE superchargers. It did 2 tracks days and 4 hillclimbs so i got a good run from it. means there's a proven SC setup for sale now in 'as new' condition

Not sure as yet what will go in. I have a forged short motor sitting there but the top end will cost me at least the same again and i'm balking at the investment of coin into what is really just a bit of stress relief

I have a LS1 sitting there and toying with the idea of dropping that in instead. 350rwkw is as much as the chassis can handle at the track so the LS should deliver that easy enough with more torque and in a pretty unstressed fashion? i must be getting lazy in my old age and capacity looks the cheapest way to achieve what i want?
                    GT8
                    1UZ Celica
                    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
                      Sorry to hear, Justen.

You building a new motor or just grabbing one from an importer? Back to the original TTs or new turbos too?
                      quad turbos and put the T70s on it that i sold to you :rotflol:

My 1g RA23

Comment

Bad news. Would have been good to get a bit more fun out of it. Keep at it though, you've put too much effort into the chassis to let it all go.

Comment

Bummer! That said I look forward to seeing what utter madness follows from here!
                          1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
                          1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
                          1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
                          1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
                          And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Comment

That sux, how much for the forged short motor?
                            Nope

Comment

A bit of an update. SC is gone and KKK TTs are back in with a new FMIC.

1st E85 tune with TT gave us 330rwkw on 11psi.

Interestingly, WI (50:50 water/ethanaol) on/off made no difference to power.

Responsive as fuck on the road

Very quick tune just to get me running for the Toyota Nats over the weekend so some more left in it just playing with ign advance and leaning it out a bit top end. Happy with how it's going so doubt i'll do much more with it for now.
                              GT8
                              1UZ Celica
                              1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Seems my rear CVs don't like the E85 tune as both went bang in quick succession on the Wellington 1/8th mile strip

Time to finish the rest of the Supra rear end install.
                                GT8
                                1UZ Celica
                                1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Working...
                                X