UZ Celica AKA GTEight

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, nice. Back already from Toyotanats?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Yup, 3 nights on the juice and a broken car and i was kinda done Get some brownie points with the family by getting home a day early....i'll need them to buy the time to fix the car
      GT8
      1UZ Celica
      1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

man thats great power for such low boost, and not even done yet!
        jealous as fuck over here!
        Nope

Comment

Yup and feels even stronger on the road. I was in a bit of a rush so haven't compared this tune to previous ones in detail, but mid range torque feels a heap stronger and overall the engine feels to be doing things 'easier' if that makes sense?
          GT8
          1UZ Celica
          1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Youpoop video of the hill climb on Sunday.

Stupid GoPro was playing up so this is the only vid i got for the day. Issues with front end grip, so i was 2 seconds off my PB for the day Midrange is awesome with the E85 tune...so much so i was getting wheelspin *down* the hill Lots of wheelsin in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPS6fLI3qWk
            GT8
            1UZ Celica
            1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Nice vid! Day with a warm dry track would be nice....
              Fortitudo et Superbiam

Comment

Yeah warm track and my A032Rs on the front as well The old D03G's just weren't up to it...tyre pressures only went up 0.5 degree, even with the 2 laps...just no temp and no grip
                GT8
                1UZ Celica
                1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Hell yes!

Sounds like you have some revs on board! Whats your redline set at?
                  Nope

Comment

Seeing as how you cant get heat into them, did you set your cold tyre pressure to match your optimum hot pressure? I tried doing that but was not really good or consistent enough to find if it helped. (Then I lunched an engine.... )

I'd love to drive a car on *proper* hardcore hillclimb tyres like those kitchen sponge type soft Avons...
                    Fortitudo et Superbiam

Comment

Yeah if only i could afford to trash a set of the Avons per event

I started them around 28psi cold in the hope of 30-31 psi hot. If you run them 31psi cold they are shit so no point trying. I was tempted to try them lower again in hope of working the sidewall harder and getting some heat but the 2 lapper is a tough event for setup....if it ain't right at the start then you'll struggle all day

rev limit is set at 6800 Millsi...didn't get close to the limiter
                      GT8
                      1UZ Celica
                      1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

That's some beast you got there! Revs really quick too. Nice.
                        http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...lenge-accepted

Comment

Cheers mate, if only i could squeeze the same rubber you use on the Porka under the guards
                          GT8
                          1UZ Celica
                          1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Some footage from a recent track day at Wakefield...last 2 laps the rear slicks delaminated and things got a wee bit taily

GT8 August Wakefield Park track day - YouTube
                            GT8
                            1UZ Celica
                            1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Some vids from a local motorkhana i ran at on Sunday...hell fun even if the car is a bit overkill for that type of thing

khana run 2 - YouTube

Here's a run at the end of the day with my new navigator

khana run 5 - YouTube

and an external view of the same runs.

khana rear smoke - YouTube
                              GT8
                              1UZ Celica
                              1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

So breaking news. Back on the dyno to sort out a weird lean spot that developed. Ramped up the new boost controller too On 14psi the car reeled off 365rwkw and just kept making more power the more timing we added. Still more left in it but i feel for the stock bottom end so didn't pump the ign adv boundaries any further. We did wind up the boost though. On 17psi.....

GT8
                                1UZ Celica
                                1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Working...
                                X