Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UZ Celica AKA GTEight

The car has been around for a while now, in ever changing guise. Finally stringing some track days together and getting a handle on what needs to be tweaked to make it faster. It's not bad as is but could do with some input on suspension geometry from someone who knows more shit than me

Anyways, vid of recent WP track day

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10103724/13-08-10%20005.AVI
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

So this is officially a track car now?

If youre going back to turbo why sell the previous setup? Or will the new engine be fully built and thus need two of the big ones?

Originally posted by Jim
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Originally posted by elfturbomax
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

More track than street

and the new engine is fully built...just that most of it is still sitting in various boxes

The old turbo setup (well most of it) will either be used again with a few tweaks or sold if it goes at the right price...i'm not too fussed either way. I should stick with what i know works but can't help myself sometimes and can see areas that would benefit from major changes.

Even if the old twins go back on, i want to revise the FMIC and try a V-mount setup. This would greatly reduce intake pipe length and help get some weight out of the front end. Aiming for a 50:50 weight split, which is a bit challenge with a 185.
      GT8
      1UZ Celica
      1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Recent hillclimb outing with the new supercharged setup. Covering the SC is a work in progress and definitely needs a Ver II

GT8
        1UZ Celica
        1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Still one of my favourite modified cars ever! Looks a lot tougher than last time i saw it.
          1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
          1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
          1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
          1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
          And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Comment

What times are you chasing around Wakefield once the new setup goes in?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
              What times are you chasing around Wakefield once the new setup goes in?
              The new TT setup you mean? What i hope it will do is provide the same power as the old TT setup but with the response of the current SC If it does that then sub 1:05 should be doable at my current hectic skillz level After that it's just track time so i get better and can use all the car has to offer.

I'd say an actual race driver could easy knock a coupla secs off my best time, so it should already be doing sub :05's.

It should get to another track day and a couple more hillclimbs before the year is out.
              GT8
              1UZ Celica
              1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

1:05's are mental!!!!! how close do you reckon you could get it to a minute?? the car has the ability to do it i reckon???

Comment

Dunno, don't want to get carried away with 'shoulda, coulda, woulda' Each time i get out i set a new PB so just have to keep that up
                  GT8
                  1UZ Celica
                  1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

what hillclimb was that?

any engine bay pics?

looks tuff as!

Comment

Any pics of the process of making it rwd/longitudinal v8?
                      "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        what hillclimb was that?

any engine bay pics?

looks tuff as!
                        looks like Faribairn to me ...

Justen- be sure and forwarn us when you're heading out to the hillclimb- will try and come and watch the weapon in action again.

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                        2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

The last TT setup...330rwkw on 10psi

The new SC setup for shits and giggles

Shitloads of pics of the build up and various mods over the years on the Toymods site.
                          GT8
                          1UZ Celica
                          1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

linky?
                            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Don't bitch at me if you have to register

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=20585

Most of the build shots i just realised are on the old forum...car has been around since 05....but more recent mod shots are picked up in the new thread.

There's a few shots of in on here, from when it went thru it's TT and SC aka Twincharge phase
                              GT8
                              1UZ Celica
                              1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Working...
                              X