Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight challenge - supra time attack?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 is safe enough and reasonable considering that you weren't paying 'professional engine builder' money for the engine right? A sleeved bore is as good as a virgin bore.

Comment

Muz it wasn't done 'on the cheap' although the result speaks otherwise.

Rz, 5orted, is this washer familiar to either of you? Ie is it likely out of 2j inlet anywhere?
      Attached Files
      Originally posted by thebluerx7
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

hmm, cant think of any 'free' 6mm washers around a 2jz, mostly captive springs.
        https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Some cunts slipped you a Mickey.

Do they use a flat washer like that on the cam caps?

Clean the head up, check/fix bent valves, bucket/cam, and rod, make sure the top ring isn't trapped, clean up the piston and run it. Leakdown test the damaged cylinder and if reasonable build new engine at leisure.

If the pistons are good forgedies- 2618 material not 4032- they will have bulk cold clearance and not be worried by a few little dings on the crown.
          Claimed horsepower sceptic.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post
            Muz it wasn't done 'on the cheap' although the result speaks otherwise.
            But you said a motor mechanic built it? I not an engine builder?

Comment

Originally posted by Rz View Post
              hmm, cant think of any 'free' 6mm washers around a 2jz, mostly captive springs.
              Most of the washers I can think of 'jz' related that are flats are wider than that OD also.

Comment

Originally posted by Momus View Post
                Do they use a flat washer like that on the cam caps?

Nah captive as Rz said. That washer isn't native to a JZ.... Aftermarket fuel rail fastener is the only thing I can think of.

That or the apprentice's flat brim. Done a number on the head, hope she cleans up ok Damo
                www.prerunner.com.au
                - Facebook
                - Instagram

Comment

had odd-sods bolts holding the coil packs down, im betting it fell off one of those.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Tell you what though, I will learn from this, could very easily happen with manifolds off/plugs out.
                    www.prerunner.com.au
                    - Facebook
                    - Instagram

Comment

I dropped a bolt down bogan Dave's intlet manifold. Many lols.
                      Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                      If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

(Because we got it out)
                        Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                        If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Cracka fuck you and your good fortune

It's a compression washer or whatever they're called.

Muz - school me on this engine builder thing. The guys who assembled my motor are mechanics but they do this normally, the engineering shop did all the machining and balancing / cleaning etc and provide instructions / tolerances for assembly. Is there another way you guys would have done this?

Speaking to engineer today.

I can only find a GE block. Q. Do I need the oil squirters in this thing or not?

Momus they are 2618, thanks for your post too. Re; the mickey thing, possible but cunt act.
                          Originally posted by thebluerx7
                          The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

so not just a flat washer - one that has the give/spring in it.. like under a sparkplug? - curiouser and curiouser
                            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

A few big jz's I know of dont run squirters - they just said in a built engine you want that oil in more critical places.
                              "And I know that arseholes grow on trees but I'm here to trim the leaves" Peeping Tom, Mike Patton

Comment

I would have thought for track use squirters would be beneficial, drag not so much.
                                Nope

Comment

Working...
                                X