Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight challenge - supra time attack?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, did you mean this?

Tk "For the head I'd do much the same as I did for OKE's supra head - stock rebuild with a good valve job & a little tickle in the bowls & short turns to get some more flow without spending a motza.
    Add valve springs & cams (Kelford 264/272's & their springs to suit) & you'd have a good head."
    Originally posted by thebluerx7
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Brian crower 272s are ordered.

Bottom end is together, triple plate clutch due shortly for balancing.

What's the recommendation on ecu / looms from those who run track cars?

Option 1: keep the microtech piggybacking the stock ecu

Pros: cheap
      Cons: no-one seems to want to tune them and keep telling me they're shit

Option 2: go straight to a new ecu, new loom etc and sell off the old set-up.

Pros: more tuning options, confident the wiring will be all new for run-in
      Cons: no idea what the sex is, I want a digi dash now too so twice the research, more $$ now.

Cheers
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

just get a haltech/vipec sorta range ecu and be done with it. once you change cams and injectors the stock ecu will be nowhere near right for idle and cruise and will always hamper the rest of your mods, like maybe you will go e85 once you can steer the thing?
        i know haltech does a digital dash?
        "And I know that arseholes grow on trees but I'm here to trim the leaves" Peeping Tom, Mike Patton

Comment

Breing the thing out to Lakeside you faggot, show us what you have
          Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
          ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
          ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
          ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

^showoff - this might almost keep your's in view in a straight line, once it's built, lakeside, too many corners?

Ps - Cunt

Head will be started next week. Engineer booked tomorrow 10am to look at cage, seats, single etc.

Comment

I have a motec m800 (new no options) and an m8 (all options) for sale if you are interested
              Profi

Comment

Hey profi, yeah did see and do want, just need to find the extra couple of grand, you'll hear from me if I can pull it off shortly!

Comment

Originally posted by oliveoyl View Post
                  Engineer booked tomorrow 10am to look at cage, seats, single etc.
                  And then?

So this engine shit all got a bit serious, eh?

Comment

Yep - big block

Should've gone v12!

Imagine looking at the passenger door, the cage makes an X. The top left arm needs to be bolt in, the rest is good to go. Should be easy to sort.

Single turbo no problem
                    Fuel system no problem
                    Seats no problem.

Am procrastinating about cleaning the engine bay and rust off the cage etc.

Comment

Purdy:
                      Attached Files

Comment

I spoke with the boys today. First go at the head showed it flowing 350hp at .45 lift after first go.

Hoping it to be back at the end of this week.

On other news cleaned up the crossmember a bit and it has a strange mark on it - it looks like " tiev " or "Tiet". Anyone know if this is factory? I'll get some pics up close.

Comment

Motor's back ready for final assembly.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I spent the day on the cage today. One more going over and then ready for etch primer. Before
                            Attached Files

Comment

About an hour in
                              Attached Files

Comment

Lots of fucking sanding later
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X