Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
    You are onto the right thing. I'm waiting for someone to do a 3.8 rear engine Mirage.....
    2015 is the year of the mirage so it's quite likely

Comment

Engine is in for what should be the last time. Turbo install all done bar a new longer oil feed line and some fittings for the coolant connections. Oil drain back connection to the engine was a pain in the arse due to the engine leaning backwards. Ended up tapping a 3/4" bsp hole into the upper sump and screwing a hose tail in with a bit of epoxy putty in the area to give the threads a bit more area to seal. I'm pretty sure its ended up below the oil level in the sump but its as good as it gets with the limited options available.

Crossover and rear manifold is all done using the factory manifold on the front bank. First section of the cross over uses the original dual wall exhaust piping and the rest is wrapped. Made an aluminium heat shield to stop the exhaust cooking the rear rocker cover and have a blanket for the turbo. Needs another heat shield between the exhaust and the inter cooler at a minimum. Will finish the rest of the exhaust now the engine is back in.

Waiting on some silicone elbows to finalise the intercooler position and make some mounts for this... Its tiny but fits in the space I have perfectly so will do for a start.

Modified the wiring harness on the engine to add wiring for oil pressure, fuel pressure, intake temp and oil temp sensors and tidied the rest up to get rid of redundant stuff. All the wiring is basically at the ECU ready to have the plugs installed. I have started to configure the ECU and after a lot of reading think I have a handle on that side of it.

Cut some big holes in the sides and the rear hatch for ventilation. Eventually I will make some fibreglass flares for the rear wheels that will incorporate scoopy bits so its not just big silly looking holes.

Still aiming to have this ready for the next antilag supercruise on the 28th but plenty of work still to do. Ironically the biggest issue I may have is that this is too wide to fit on my car trailer and I'm not going to have time to build my new one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rzDSCN2783.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	6594517

Name:	rzDSCN2782.JPG
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	6594516

Name:	rzDSCN2873.JPG
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	6594518

Name:	rzDSCN2884.JPG
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	6594520

Name:	rzDSCN2886.JPG
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	6594521

Name:	rzDSCN2877.JPG
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	6594519

Name:	rzDSCN2907.JPG
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	6594526

Name:	rzDSCN2905.JPG
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	6594525

Name:	rzDSCN2904.JPG
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	6594524

Name:	rzDSCN2898.JPG
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	6594522

Name:	rzDSCN2902.JPG
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	6594523

Name:	rzDSCN2909.JPG
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	6594527

Name:	rzDSCN2910.JPG
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	6594528

Comment

Can you fit a set of space saver wheels for it so it's narrower for the trailer?

Comment

That's really looking mad...as in crazy, but crazy good
          GT8
          1UZ Celica
          1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Mentalist !

I'm not convinced it is going to be a benign and friendly car to drive, seems more like an old Renault 5 turbo every time I see it, or perhaps a Stratos.

Short, overpowered, twitchy as all hell, good luck ! Revel in the challenge.... it's got you this far.
            " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Killer
              Originally posted by 50RTD
              Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

It will need a judicious right foot but will be a fucking riot to drive! If it looks like making the supercruise i'd come out just to see it

Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Fuck yeah, it's looking like an awful lot of fun! Great work

Comment

This is just MENTAL man...wow. G200 is a tiny car, and I can't wait to see video of the first angry drive!
                    "I'm THE originator of the 'Grill Race' fool!"

Comment

Been following this for some time now , love the skills , can't wait to hear how it goes .

Comment

Certifiably BONKERS!!!! Look forward to this thing being hammered round a track.

Comment

Just read this for the first time. I am just about to duck off to the bathroom and rub one out. Fucking awesome...
                          The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Zac is right, You are Nuts!
                            GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Comment

It lives...

Took it for a quick a quick fang up the road and it feels great. Turbo whistle makes me happy. Tune is not good enough for bitumen skids but did a few single peggers on the gravel to celebrate. Still a shit load to do before next weekend.

ATTACH=CONFIG]82588[/ATTACH]

Name:	rzDSCN3012.JPG
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	6594753

Name:	rzDSCN3007.JPG
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	6594754