Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome stuff - love it - much respect.
    A slow day at the track is better than any day in the office.

Comment

Great work mate, bloody excellent work.

It's all come together nicely.

It kinda is getting me inspired to do something silly with the old celica..............
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      RNJ Fabrication
      Design-Machining-Welding
      RNJfabrication@yahoo.com
      04 0737 0736

Comment

How did I miss this?

10/10 would mang.
        Do not listen to anything this man says. They are insane, illogical thoughts propagated by us, the voices in his head.

Comment

Haha can't believe you had rubbing on those front 'guards'

It's going to look awesome with once the flares are on.....straight white with no tint for paint I reckon and then add suitable decals?
          GT8
          1UZ Celica
          1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

I was thinking about painting it in a black epoxy primer so it's a matte/satin finish and painting the wheel kawasaki green... but i'm no good at this colours stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kneelo View Post
              I was thinking about painting it in a black epoxy primer so it's a matte/satin finish and painting the wheel kawasaki green... but i'm no good at this colours stuff.
              Do that. Will look very nice!
              RNJ Fabrication
              Design-Machining-Welding
              RNJfabrication@yahoo.com
              04 0737 0736

Comment

That'll work but white is classic race car...and well, is race car can still go crazy with fluoro wheels, red would look great and some sort of matching red decals. Anyways, just throwing some ideas out there, it'll look great whatever
                GT8
                1UZ Celica
                1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82869[/ATTACH]
                  I quite like how insecure the wheels look due to the way they hang out.

Paint it silver... the colour of duct tape - the rule of thumb is you paint a car the colour of race tape. Duct tape is cheaper....
                  Fortitudo et Superbiam

Comment

You can buy matte or satin top coat that will last better than primer. IMO though, go a light colour so you don't roast when you get in the thing.

Comment

The epoxy primer seems pretty hard wearing and is about 1/3 the price of a 2 pac top coat last time I checked. If I was going to use good paint I would feel like I should care more about the panel work than I actually do...I will be happy if it's mostly one colour.

Comment

Colourbond fence paint. I have painted several shitpieces in wattyl killrust now and they hold up well to punishment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10535676_628482697267795_6674060877075166997_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	6595237

Click image for larger version

Name:	1509151_10153361307053356_2832500385297136163_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	6595238
                        Do not listen to anything this man says. They are insane, illogical thoughts propagated by us, the voices in his head.

Comment

Took this out to a Collie Motorsports Group test and tune day at the Collie motorplex yesterday. Was only 7 starters and everyone else had either had enough or broken down by lunch so I literally had the track to myself all afternoon. No laptop problems this time so got heaps of data to sift through.

I was still having some random triggering issues with the ECU so before this event I ended up replacing the reluctor on the cam with a hall effect sensor and running new shielded cables instead of using the factory loom which fixed the problems. Also fitted a surge tank and external fuel pump so I could bump the fuel pressure up a bit.

As I already knew the injectors are way too small and max out at above about 4500 RPM so still can't push it hard. Also seeing the boost go way above 7 psi so time for an external gate. Tyres are still awful... Last time they got warm enough to shed a bit of rubber this time they were like stone all day I think because it was a bit cooler. Have already ordered a set of nitto NT-01's for next time. Finally saw inlet air temps get up to 100 degrees. Going to try and get some ducting sorted out to get air to the intercooler and see if that works otherwise I guess its time for a water to air intercooler.

Stitched together a video of a couple of laps and the offs I caught on camera. Had plenty of others I didn't get on film. Best lap according to my phone was a 59.8 so plenty of work to do on both the car and my skills.

Comment

Nice work.

So bigger injectors for next time. Guess it's time to get the gate and have a proper tune done to see what it's good for.
                            RNJ Fabrication
                            Design-Machining-Welding
                            RNJfabrication@yahoo.com
                            04 0737 0736

Comment

Best car on PF. Awesome work.
                              Marc Kelly
                              '76 1380 Clubman (I really should fix it)
                              '86 AE82 Twin Cam (cunts trashed it, gone to the wrecker)
                              '85 JD Camira rally car (I trashed it, now its a Lanos)

Comment

water to air works great in mid engined cars
                                bleed points in the front and back high points, pump on the bigger side is always better, ebay heat exchangers or whatever should be fine
                                a bigger reservoir with ice in it would suit hillclimbs (if allowed) with some switches in the cabin, plenty of options

Comment

Working...
                                X