Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting close, so close!

I must have missed this but does the turbo just run off the rear bank?
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Nah I have half done a cross over pipe from the stock manifold on the front bank... waiting on a v band to finish it.

Comment

I know you're gonna die fairly soon after this thing is running but let's not do it sooner eh and use some axles stands next time
        GT8
        1UZ Celica
        1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

WOW SUPER MEGA AWESOME

That is the business, man.

My last 2nd last racecar was an openwheeler with a turbo 3.5 Magna 5 spd fitted at the rear, and was disgustingly quick. Only 200 rwhp for 880kg, but made far to many very expensive V8s look very silly. All that weight on the drive tyres.......

You are onto the right thing. I'm waiting for someone to do a 3.8 rear engine Mirage.....
          " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

So good!!
            Originally posted by thebluerx7
            The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by Justengt4 View Post
              I know you're gonna die fairly soon after this thing is running but let's not do it sooner eh and use some axles stands next time
              I figure if this thing falls on me and i live the nopics will let me get a hoist

I probably should use stands but I dont get under it while its balanced precariously on the jack. Everything is disconnected before hand with the sub frame sitting on rollers. Once its up i give the engine a kick and it rolls out the side.

Comment

I may have a hoist for you, Running out of space to put them all.
                GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Comment

Originally posted by Supashake View Post
                  I may have a hoist for you, Running out of space to put them all.
                  Fuck yeah...

Comment

Man this thing is awesome, top work!
                    1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
                    1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
                    1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
                    1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
                    And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Comment

As everyone is saying, super impressive work, I like the way its coming together! Wish I had your fabrications skills, is it something you do for a living or just a hobby?

Comment

Its just a hobby but im a mechanical engineer so i like to think that helps a bit. Really i think its more patience and perserverence than any particular skill. I like to give new things a go and learn new skills even if it takes a few goes to get it right. It takes a long time to get stuff done and i still think ive got a long way to go but the end result can be pretty good.

Comment

Finished that Monaro yet.......!

Comment

I actually laughed out loud looking at this thing today. Absolute madness.
                            Originally posted by Dimi
                            80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                            Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                            My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Um, wow.....it is fully fledged shmick looking insanity.

Always thought the 1MZ was underrated in its original body, definitely needed something tiny and rwd to make it stupid quick

*slow clap*
                              now with extra gearbox'y goodness

Comment

Originally posted by Missinglink View Post
                                Finished that Monaro yet.......!
                                Hey I've got important daihatsu things to do... I'l leave the carb V8 stuff to mouth breathers such as yourself!

You could however come down for a visit like you keep promising and do something with it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X