Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Rally Rolla.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news! I might submit a couple of oddball combinations and see what gets approved.

Comment

And still they see it's pointless to put a 4age in a ke70 under prc.

Thanks cams!
      Fist Pumpin like Champs!

Comment

Very very interested to see how this pans out - very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by mc68 View Post
          And still they see it's pointless to put a 4age in a ke70 under prc.

Thanks cams!
          this!
          Originally posted by Rdyno
          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
          Originally posted by Tripper
          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

More good news.
            I had a phone call on Sunday 9th June from an engine builder.

The Corolla will now encase a Neil Trama built engine.

This has solved a number of issues. Sourcing a ZZ engine and then the parts and maching to bring it to fruition.

Now to source the ECU. Saving some dollars to go down the Motec route.

Happy Dance.
            Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

Excellent choice look forward to seeing what it makes when its done. :)

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
              2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                Excellent choice look forward to seeing what it makes when its done. :)
                big decel flames out the back
                funny one liner here / link to my car/s

Comment

Originally posted by damian View Post
                  big decel flames out the back
                  :thumbup:

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                  2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Gravel Rims and Murray Flex ordered.

Also got a good deal on some 18 inch OZ Racing tarmac rims.
                    Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

And so it begins.

Night ones handy work. Had been in the driveway less than 2 hours.

And then day one the clean up of all the road grime and crap begins.

Comment

After taking out a trailer load of interior bits, the car sits an inch higher.

Found that it has run over something fairly big which has pushed the front panels back slightly on the Navs side. This also explains why the bonnet needed a screwdriver to open it. No problems in future as bonnet pins will replace bonnet release. It has also impacted the drivers side

Looked at the acreage of dashtop. A quick trip to spotlight for some felt will make it look good and stop a serious amount of glare on the screen.

Discussions in regards where the bonnet ends and thoughts have turned to sticking those Japanese marker sticks on. Maybe I can get some LEDs and have them light up for night stages.

I have noted that car construction over the last 20 years has changed. Now it is all clips and glue. Gone are the little screws and overlapping. Also gone is the overzealous use of tar. In its place we see polystyrene and shed loads of sound mat. Do not rely on holding on to the overhead handles. They are not screwed to the roof rails. The use a press in wedge. Dodgy.

Next step to remove excess metal braces and 2 of the 3 firewalls.

Interesting times ahead.

Comment

So laid into the car over the weekend for a little bit.
                          Noted how much weight can be taken out of the thing even without trying.
                          May need to make up a couple of alloy brackets to support the wipers etc.
                          A custom radiator and overflow tank will sort out the cooling and replace the 3 litre tank and too many hoses in the engine bay.

Need to look at getting power steering fitted. Currently has electronic and the controllers are huge.

Found the source of the weird smell in the cabin. Seems there may be a refrigerant leak from the aircon.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                            Nice :)

The Perana one is truly odd given its not a factory capacity so far as i can tell
                            I reckon its probably a .060" overbore on a 351... But yeah, weird.
                            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

2ZZ is an impressive donk for what it is! Would the quaife sequential be the one you looked at? That's a popular choice for a lot of lotus people who whack them in their exiges. Fairly well priced too.

Comment

Originally posted by spiller View Post
                                2ZZ is an impressive donk for what it is! Would the quaife sequential be the one you looked at? That's a popular choice for a lot of lotus people who whack them in their exiges. Fairly well priced too.
                                Was on the monkey wrench site, so not sure.
                                There is a Swedish mob that do a nice box sequential and standard.
                                Could always go Cosworth.

ZZ motor has been built, and is attached to an lsd box, just have to finalise payment and pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X