Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smee,
    What are you doing with the 1zz you are removing, I'm looking for a cheap one to build for my early corolla for circuit racing.
    Trav
    VALLEY TRADE SUPPLIES
    WORKSHOP & TRADE TOOLS
    PF DEALS WELCOME
    0418 552 413

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV-KE55 View Post
      Smee,
      What are you doing with the 1zz you are removing, I'm looking for a cheap one to build for my early corolla for circuit racing.
      Trav
      ZRE chassis didn't come with the 1zz engine. You'll have to look for a 2002-2006 ZZE122, or ZZW30 MR-S (they have a slightly better head).
      My car
      Corolla
      Originally posted by brasher
      I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post
        ZRE chassis didn't come with the 1zz engine. You'll have to look for a 2002-2006 ZZE122, or ZZW30 MR-S (they have a slightly better head).
        2ZR-FE is what is currently in there.

Do not currently need it, but need to see what sensors etc I have to pull off it to fit to the new motor 2ZZ.
        Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

So, a heap of stuff taken out.
          A trailer load in fact.
          No hanging panels or bolt-ons attached.
          Had a couple of seized bolts I have had to weld some nuts to so as to get them undone.
          Was considering an Acid dip to get everything out of the car, but think I may be able to get away with a light soda blast which would give enough rough surface for the primer to stick too.
          Petrol tank has a number of crevices in it where stagnant water has been sitting. Think I will be plugging those before it gets put back.
          Will need to do a lot of plating and reinforcing of front sub-frame areas so it does not bend when we hit the first rock.
          A quick measure up will probably see about 40 metres of cage material stuck in.

About 135kg of interior material taken out so far. Have not weighed wiring loom, exhaust or aircon and heater box stuff.

Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

Don't soda, light sand blast, paint sticks way better!
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

New motor and a few other bits picked up in a whistle stop trip to Canberra over the weekend.
              Biggest pick up was the new Neil Trama ZZ engine.

Comment

oooooh that'll go alright
                Originally posted by zammo
                I'm the retard with the cockroach in my ear.

Comment

Some update photo's of the shell underside on the spit.

A shed load of weight 200kg taken out so far.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you please give us a bit of an explanation of what you've done so far, type of paint used etc.?

Comment

OK.
                      Yestreday it left for the cage builders, so it has progressed a little.
                      Gustimates are at around 330kg for the chassis. Alas, no access to a set of scales before it left.

And with that, some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by mondo2000 View Post
                        Can you please give us a bit of an explanation of what you've done so far, type of paint used etc.?
                        So far, just taken everything out of it.
                        Most bracing has gone, all sound and silly putty.
                        Cage will replace bracing in places.

Interior, engine bay and undercar will be painted in Amaron lusterthane 2pac. Resilient to chemicals and brake fluids etc. Handles rock damage well also.
                        Exterior probably in 2 pac enamel similar to my other cars.
                        External colour will be a general solid colour, so easy for anyone to mix a match.

Windscreen is heated, so no need for heater box etc.
                        Seat rails incorporated into the cage. Moved internal and back next to B pillar. Also angled in slightly to move head away from roof and roll cage.
                        Wiring loom stripped and basic.
                        Battery in rear. Switch box to be placed on transmission tunnel.

Comment

Some shonkey phone photo's.

Some cage work progress.

Comment

whats all the red marks underneath for ?
                            you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Originally posted by Tripper View Post
                              whats all the red marks underneath for ?
                              At a guess, they're holes that need welding up to minimise places where dust can get into the car.

Comment

Originally posted by agentcrm View Post
                                At a guess, they're holes that need welding up to minimise places where dust can get into the car.
                                Car has a shed load of threaded rod sticking out from various places that held on sound deadening, fuel rails, wiring looms etc.
                                Also had a lot of bracing for seats or seat belt mounts and interior fittings which have all gone.
                                Not needed in the rally car so we take them off and spraying them in red when stuff was removed saved me from removing stuff I did need to keep.

Underside will have carbon kevlar protection to keep it all nice and shiny and have captive nust placed inside the shell to hold it on.

Aiming to do the same as I did for my other car.

Comment

Working...
                                X