Rally Rolla.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 2zz box is manual btw incase u havent had a look.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Originally posted by da9jeff View Post
      That 2zz box is manual btw incase u havent had a look.
      Did see it.

Got some stuff off it on the weekend.
      Might go back for a bit more if still there.

If they scrapped it because it was running rough, then they should have looked in the throttle body. Was blocked closed by green oil paper. Looked like it had been in there for ages.

Ignitors had gone, and probably first things to go.
      Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

More cage photo's

Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

Seat test fitting.

2 Bricks and a 5mm steel plate is about the required height.

Comment

Looking good man.

Good choice on the floor paint :D

Comment

Needs one more brace joining the foot of the front bar & underneath the bottom door bar level with the Saintz bar.

Suzuki Mighty Boy / BEC Rear Mid mount Suzuki 1150cc 450kg Hillclimber [in the build]

Comment

A little sideways action.

Still a couple of bars to go in.

Downward bar from the A pillar curve to the top of the strut, as well as a bar from the top intrusion bar to the fire wall.
                Behind the firewall where this bar meets is another bar between the front rails. Through this will run the front sway bar. and will also be used to run the rear engine mount off.

White interior shot is Neal Bates S2000 caged car.

Comment

We have seats.

Almost back in my shed.

Comment

Camsmanual... Schedule J... Section 17...Drawing J 58 & J 59

Suzuki Mighty Boy / BEC Rear Mid mount Suzuki 1150cc 450kg Hillclimber [in the build]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave75 View Post
                      Camsmanual... Schedule J... Section 17...Drawing J 58 & J 59
                      I can't see anything wrong.

All measurements are correct

Comment

More in reference to Drawing J 58...the shadow line drawing.

The 70mm recomendation between the "A" pillar & the Saintz Bar.

[I realize photo's do lie]

Saintz Bar "should" be straight in side view/bent in front view.

Comment

Cage is finished.
                          Hopefully truck turns up tomorrow afternoon to help me get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by smee View Post
                            Cage is finished.
                            Hopefully truck turns up tomorrow afternoon to help me get it back.
                            Truck turned up.

Delivered it home for me.

Nice that it is a long weekend and I can start on it.

Pictures soon.

Quaife responded to my email, so gearbox invoice being raised.

Comment

Speaking of Bates, I was there today and got a chance to drool over the 1995 ARC Havoline ST205 which he's bought back and is now restoring. Amusingly it's in a similar state to how it was when I did work experience there in '95! There was an S2000 Corolla hiding in the corner of the workshop partially stripped as well, among other tasty treats.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                                Speaking of Bates, I was there today, There was an S2000 Corolla hiding in the corner of the workshop partially stripped.
                                It's still there.

I might need to get some more photos of the front end setup around the radiator and engine mounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X