X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4A0ZaE2yKo

Comment

Yep, I've got some work to do, when everything gets here....
      " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Cool Change Brings Life to Shed!

I managed to get back into the shed after the heat of the week, great progress has been made,I picked up a lighter clutch spring during the week so that was fitted and reassembly of the car commenced. It has been an enjoyable day in the shed just quietly tooling along reassembling everything.

By the end of the day I was contemplating fitting the gear cluster into the back of the box, but it can wait till tomorrow.

With the replacement spring in the clutch the effort required to operate it has decreased, still very firm but much better none the less. In light of than I'm looking to work on getting the car usable by people of a more normal build than I. To that end I'm looking at building a 2nd pedal to operate the current one via a pushrod, indeed, I'll likely do that with all pedals with multiple pedal positions and pushrods. I'm also looking at moving the gearlever rearward, Young David had already asked for that. I can see a series of steering wheel spacers in the future also.

Whilst I was looking at 2nd pedals for the clutch I saw that it may be possible to add a bit more mechanical advantage to the clutch operation via the 2nd pedal which would make it even easier to operate.

I'm pleased to once again be making progress on the car.

Comment

I may be missing something here, but why wouldn't a thick infill padding on the seat achieve the same thing? What distances are we talking?
          He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

because short fat riff raff need to be accommodated for

Comment

David uses a thick infill in the seat but it is less than optimal for both of us, if things can be improved then I'm happy to try.

I will also need to make a wider seat / shell of a seat + infill.

Anyway, back to the shed.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0992.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	7105441

A big day in the shed. something I've been promising myself for quite some time., but it was grovelling around on the ground on friday refitting the dry sump pump that was the straw that finally broke my back. A quick trip to Bunnings for a pr. of saw horses $18.50 each.....I added some reinforcing and put them into service holding the racecar off the ground. Should have done it years ago.

Next step is an electric winch to hoist the racecar up there, I've grand intentions of a rail running the length of the shed and several trolleys on it to carry sections of car and an engine stand at the back of the shed for assembling Cosworths on.....

An air conditioner might be a handy thing with all this climate change going on.......

Comment

Working...
                X