Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Open Wheeler Toy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool thread....

So you didn't end up buying a wheel? or you did and are still going to make this one?

Comment

This is genuinely cool man well.done !
      RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
      06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys :)

Comment

Thanks, yeh I ordered a steering wheel and proceeded with my own effort as well....

Geez that polyurethane foam is horrible shit, the dust gets everywhere.... still I'm making progress, I'll try to remember to take some photos tomorrow.
        " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	nosecone 008.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	6592223

That is the last of the tubework at the front of the car for the moment.

Name:	nosecone 005.JPG
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	6592224

I'm still not appreciating the dust from the polyurethane foam but otherwise I'm getting there with the form. I had thought I'd wrap it, and change colours frequently, try out famous livery's etc, but the way it is looking at the moment Flat white with a Flat black stripe to conceal and break up the poor lines would be the go !

Meanwhile I shouldn't be so disparaging about 'my man', he has already started on my fuel tank and the engine to gearbox work is impending.....

Sadly, wife wants us to go away for a week after Christmas so that will slow things down.

Comment

Name:	002.JPG
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	6592878

Plenty of clearance at the front for speed bumps &etc....LOL

Comment

Where do you get all this time! Lol
              Mit freundlichen Gre

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
              "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Self employed, and pretty slack with it !

Building these things doesn't cost a lot of money, so I work only just enough to pay my bills and do this.....

Comment

You should make a few more of these and sell them! Looking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
                    You should make a few more of these and sell them! Looking awesome!
                    Shhh. Isn't that Cheapracer's business model?
                    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Unfortunately money doesn't motivate me, I make things to waste it rather than to make it....

Comment

I like Cheapracer's vehicle, it makes lots of sense. and when it comes down to donor parts he has also selected well.

As for this build, MX5 uprights ? hardly common, but what else has the rack infront of the axle line and balljoints top and bottom? Think about it, long and hard .......

Again at the rear ? what could you use.....

Cheapracer, finds it slightly easier by going up a size to a 6 cylinder engine and 5 x 114.3 stud pattern, uses Toyota 2wd Hilux front and Tarago rear.

Remember everything is getting bigger and heavier, 2000 kg Falcon anyone? so it is harder and harder to find donor components for lightweight builds.

Comment

I was going to say, fg coons went front rack.. but sounds like you want something lighter/smaller
                          Originally posted by Rdyno
                          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                          Originally posted by Tripper
                          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Jza80 supra
                            ;)
                            Mit freundlichen Gre

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
                            "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Neat build. Watching keenly!

Comment

Yes Doctor Ed, that is a fine package of parts I see you've taken delivery of, very impressed with the thinking.

Meanwhile in the shed I've had a gutfull of fibreglass, resin & etc, the nosecone is finished for now.

I've received my package from McGill motorsports so I can go ahead and start on the front suspension arms. I'm looking forward to that. Get some wheels on the thing and start to see it looking like a car.

Comment

Working...
                                X