Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice work, smashing it through it.
    '93 6SPD T04Z 1UZ JZA80 Supra
    '93 6SPD T04Z 2JZ JZA80 Supra

Venom Automotive - Billet Components to suit a variety of Automotive Applications including JZ, UZ & RB Engines.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	zorst 001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	6593825

I managed to get further with the exhaust tonight, I couldn't find a 2" Vband clamp so used a 1 1/2" plumbing joint instead ! It is a little smaller in inside diameter but I don't expect it will be an issue. I still need to graft the 2 oxygen sensors onto the exhaust somewhere.

Name:	zorst 003.JPG
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	6593826

Brake plumbing on the LHR, I didn't feel like shelling out $30 per side for new hoses, so I scrounged around and used the rear hoses from the Echo and a pair of rear hoses from a derelict Magna lying about the place, joined with a short steel section.

The top radiator hose and coolant pipe are also visible, I've just got one more join to do before that is complete. Getting closer
      " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

I managed to fit the 2 oxygen sensors this evening and then made the first driveshaft. The driveshaft angles are suboptimal but it is the trade off for putting the gearbox as low as I can ?

I'd like to get a clear day to have a good run at getting it going, but I've got bills to pay and plenty of work needing done at the moment so I can only get to it in what little spare time I find.

Comment

If in the original installation there's a cataclysmic converter between the oxy sensors you might find it throws a code and goes into limp mode without the cat there...
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Ah, an astute observation Gammaboy, but one that I had already canvased with 'my man', for he knows infinitely more than I.

He expected it may effect the way the ECU goes into a closed loop mode, but little else. There was even thought of deleting the rear one altogether.....

On my mothers Echo I've knocked a hole through the Cat. and it doesn't seem to have effected anything at all...

So, not anticipating any issues.

Comment

I got a bit done today before the weather got disgustingly hot and I gave up.

finished plumbing the brakes and clutch, bled them up, using a broomstick to operate the pedal for the rears and clutch !

Tidied up the last little earth strap in the wiring and jury rigged an accelerator cable.

Finished the plumbing for the radiator and filled that.

I'm actually waiting on 'my man' to finish with the selector end of the g/box and for me to get onto the lathe and create the last driveshaft and then it should be driveable.

The weather is predicted to be hot, so it will probably be Monday evening till I do anything.

Getting keen to give it a squirt up the driveway....

Comment

IT LIVES !

I got the driveshaft sorted, and my man came good with the back of the gearbox early in the evening, just enough time to get it together drop some oil in the box and give it a squirt up the driveway !

Not perfect, but, very much fun...

Comment

Good work! I bet even with a quick squirt up your driveway you can feel the power to weight advantage!

Comment

So good Roy, can't wait for vids
                    Originally posted by thebluerx7
                    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

fuck me youre motoring along with this

makes my little side project look like absolutely utterly not happening!
                      Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
                      "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Having not stepped inside the shed, for what seems like an eternity, I finally found a few minutes to do something.

So much to do, so little funds ! I'd had the alloy for the side panels cut "to size" so I clamped it to a piece of 4" steel tube and wrestled a 90 degree curve along a long edge ( bottom edge) turned out lovely. I just need to trim it to fit neater and sort out mounting it. Sadly I ran out of steam at that point, and determined that I needed some stainless self tappers before I could continue.....

I did also contemplate the ignition/ starter switch....that also came to little....

Comment

Name:	sides 001.JPG
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	6594145

Name:	sides 003.JPG
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	6594146

Name:	sides 006.JPG
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	6594147

So that is what it looks like with the alloy sides, a little slab sided but considering the tiny amount of work that went into them I'm quite pleased.

Self tappers, I hate them. So I decided I would just go with rivets ( I don't like them much either ).

I think once painted and with a white roundel and a number they will look just fine. I suspect the nose cone will be improved with the pink stripe ! and again a roundel and number.

Comment

Great, I managed to find a little time to get down to the shed and do a little.

I trimmed the alloy sides to size.

Made a 'key' to operate the original Toyota ignition switch (which has been removed from behind the heavy barrel and column lock assembly) and fitted that to the dash.

I made a little joining piece to join the Magna throttle cable from the pedal to the Echo throttle cable on the engine.

I then started on the firewall/seat back which of course ties onto the alloy side, having done that I was a little concerned that the throttle cable could be snagged on harness or overalls so I made a little panel to guard that. Which may also form the side of the seat in a fashion. I got one side ready to be riveted together and decided it was hot enough to call it a day for today.

Pleased with progress and looking forward to using it in anger.

Comment

Name:	paneling 001.JPG
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	6594328

Name:	paneling 004.JPG
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	6594329

Nothing more done, just a couple of photos of where I'm up to.

Progress is slow at the moment, I've plenty of paying work to be getting on with and that is being slowed down by a lack of a work truck at the moment. Still, nothing to do but keep on keeping on.....

Comment

Way back at post 57 I alluded to 'evil plans afoot'

In a couple of weeks I'm expecting to take delivery of a Mazda K8 engine.

That is the worlds smallest capacity production V6. In standard configuration they are limited to 7500rpm but a look at the construction and materials suggests that at least another 1500 rpm should not bother the integrity of the unit.

You can see where I'm going here, I will probably shy away from messing with the 4 cams if I can avoid it, and just add a couple of turbos to try to keep it breathing to the higher limit. hope.

I'm sure a later model Subaru box will cope with the resultant, not rampant hp.

Comment

Working...
                                X