X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would be awesome with a little V6!

Comment

Yeh I thought that also, even if it adds a few Kg the Kw will compensate more than enough !

Should be able to double the Hp/ kg of this car, 400hp per tonne ?
      " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

That would certainly get it moving :D

Comment

Still slow/no progress.

I've procured another truck for work, so it is priority at the moment, getting all of my tools and equipment stowed onboard.

Meanwhile I've also acquired a hydraulic handbrake, so I'll need to mount and plumb that before I go to much further.

My Mazda K8, will not be delivered as soon as hoped, but that is of no consequence at this point in time.

Patience is a virtue, apparently ?

Comment

Finally took some time today to do a few things to the little racer, actually disinterred it from the debris and leaf litter that was threatening to envelope it. Adjusted some things that I wasn't happy with in the front end and gave it a rough wheel alignment, then fitted up the hydraulic handbrake. I'm not sure if I'll retain that, the lever gets in the way when entering or exiting the vehicle. I'll probably wait till I've finalised the battery before making a decision.

I dropped a battery into the Porsche and kicked it in the guts, after pressure cleaning a heap of dust, crud and clearcoat off, I took it down to the servo and put some fuel in it, on the way back up the hill I opened the taps and let it go. I don't know why, but, it was more lively than usual, hit a double tonne going uphill!

I had been toying with the idea of replacing it with a 6 series BMW, but it can stay a while longer.....

Comment

I was feeling a little uncertain about progress, so I asked a CAMS scrutineer to come and have a look at what I'd done. He is pleased with progress. So expect to see things move along again soon.

A sense of relief and vindication, onward and upward.....

Comment

Still slow progress, I've bought 2 Peugeot 306 Diesels in the last few weeks, put the "finishing" touches to my work truck, started cutting the firewood for winter and the racecar I'd given away has found it's way back to me, while the owner is in hospital.....?

Still, I did manage to get the roll hoop bent up and welded onto the car, I need now to purchase a harness and get that fitted, I've ordered springs for the front end, but still need to organise a seat of sorts....Click image for larger version

Name:	078.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	6595448

Comment

Oh! and the driveshafts are failing so I'll be needing to sort that out to.

Comment

The CV angle looks pretty big and would only get worse with a driver in it. Could you lift the back of the box or something?

Comment

Yes, driveshaft angles are suboptimal, there was a showdown between Centre Of Gravity and Driveshaft Angle. Driveshaft angle lost. Ultimately I'd turn the gearbox upside down, dry sump the engine and sit everything lower but alas budget says No No No....

The driveshaft failure is due to MIG welding the shafts together, it will hopefully be sorted by TIG welding, failing that, it will be custom billet shafts. budget says Oh No...

Comment

Woo Hoo...... I picked up the springs for the front end and installed them, that brought me to checking the wheel weights, once I'd got them equalled up I popped the scales under the rear wheels. They came up equal straight up, scary!

But having done that I had some accumulative weights, and they weren't very big, 130 kg on the front axle and 220 on the rear ! That's a total of 350 kg and with me in it will bring it to 425kg. That is the weight I was hoping to hit without me.

To say I'm stoked is an understatement.......

Comment

Yay I got to drive the car today, what a difference a lack of weight makes to the way the mundane, standard 1.5 litre Echo engine reacts, wonderfully tractable and potent !

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	nearly there 002.JPG
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	6595500

Ah yes This would be what you're looking for, sadly it has been raining overnight and the shed has flooded, making an unpleasant mess.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	nearly there 006.JPG
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	6595501Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG1071.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	6595502

Of course the Hideous paint job is inspired by the Mini.

Comment

Working...
                                X