Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evo-gsr View Post
    Why does every thread turbosurfer posts in turn into a shitfight......?:knock:
    Simple really its because I say it how it is, I don't say crap just to be popular,
    I call my own shots and really don't give two fucks what people think of me
    I really don't need anymore friends and of course because I'm not as popular
    as some people twist, contort and pick out the eyes in what I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy San View Post
      It's really not difficult.
      Mine has standard brakes, standard turbo, standard head, a cheap set of rods and pistons, a front diff and some decent shocks. I took out everything that doesn't need to be in it and that's about it.
      Not really difficult at all.
      Andy you did really well at Clipsal, well done.

But you got to any permanent racetrack with a decent straight or two like SMP, PI or Bathurst and you'll want to slit your wrists when you watch each hard fought overtake you have made become obsolete when you are pushing the go pedal thru the floor watching them all blast past u in a straight line. I have a couple of mates with evo 8 and 9 that have given up on ipra, and the evo 9 guy is running my old race car, he's gone to prod touring where he can spend less and run in the top 5.

Ipra should be the modern, club racing equivalent of group a where u can run modified production cars without restricting performance. What's the category's name again? I wouldn't mind betting if i put ipra spec rims/rubber on a stock engine unrestricted evo i could go faster than a ipra spec evo. How is that improved production? No wonder all the late model AWD turbos are running in prod touring!

Dors Ipra want to progress or not?

Comment

Also can cunts stop picking on turbosurfer for the hell of it in every.single.thread, really it's getting old and is starting to get quite annoying having to sift thru the childish bullshit to read anything written by somebody with a brain cell between their ears.

Comment

So if ipra makes evos win at such tracks as pi, Bathurst etc.
          what happens when he goes to the short the track?
          That's right. All the other cars get their asses handed to them.
          Then what if your state only has a point and squirt track?
          You have two evos racing and a whole bunch of race cars in sheds.
          That's a great idea.
          Let's give evos a free pass to be competitive on one style of track and dominate on a different style of track.
          And the competition can be competitive on one style and stay at home the other race meetings.
          Originally Posted by Tut
          THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Comment

Got a soft spot for the 6.5M Evo's but to be honest the antics of Evos at trackdays over the years, Squirt n Block gets old and boring, they also seem to attract drivers that run out of talent more quickly under pressure. Ive had an idiot Evo driver roll after trying to match my speed thru T1 at Wakefield, was lucky enough that I got thru the corned unscathed.

Nobody gives 2 hoots to this Evo sense of motorsport entitlement.

Rules are rules with regards to racing, either change em or find a class where you can be competitive.

Sonicevo ya cant be serious regarding TS ??

Comment

Now here's a video showing what restrictors do. They kill top end in the Mazda but guess what. The Mazda is faster in the corners. The Mazda had the fastest lap time and had a ball getting hosed on the straights but rounding up the falcon and commodore under brakes and through corners. Now that's against the fastest lmv8 at the time at a track that has two long straights.
              Sonicevo. You say you feel like slitting your wrists after the other power away in the straights. Is that the same feeling as whe the awd evos pull two car lengths out of each corner at Malala against my Silvia after I have just clawed back one car length under brakes and another in the straight. I'm guessing it is similar. But I don't complain that the evos need the be rwd. I put my head down, race and try to make my mousetrap better.
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5orOCy7IyMc
              Originally Posted by Tut
              THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicevo View Post
                Andy you did really well at Clipsal, well done.

But you got to any permanent racetrack with a decent straight or two like SMP, PI or Bathurst and you'll want to slit your wrists when you watch each hard fought overtake you have made become obsolete when you are pushing the go pedal thru the floor watching them all blast past u in a straight line. I have a couple of mates with evo 8 and 9 that have given up on ipra, and the evo 9 guy is running my old race car, he's gone to prod touring where he can spend less and run in the top 5.

Ipra should be the modern, club racing equivalent of group a where u can run modified production cars without restricting performance. What's the category's name again? I wouldn't mind betting if i put ipra spec rims/rubber on a stock engine unrestricted evo i could go faster than a ipra spec evo. How is that improved production? No wonder all the late model AWD turbos are running in prod touring!

Dors Ipra want to progress or not?
                I've spoken to one of those two guys and the gearing is totally wrong in his car... if you have a top speed of 200 and everyone else can do 240 then of course you'll get hosed in a straight line. If you seriously reckon a standard engined car is quicker you're definitely doing something wrong.

Comment

Doesn't take much salt to make them really quick..
                  Attached Files
                  BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Adding to the video collection, check out from around 10mins onwards for some great racing between a LMV8 (Monaro), EM RX7 & LMT (S13) (Same capacity & restrictor as an evo)

Footage is taken at last years IP Nationals at Phillip Island, from the S13. Yes they get blown away down the straight, but it's not a drag race. The RX7 and S13 are pretty closely matched down the straight, and are all over the Monaro in the twisty stuff...... I think the balance is pretty good really. The fact is, most who have tried and given up, have not figured out how to build a good restrictor engine (and/or tune it).

https://youtu.be/l3-S9QsVOJo

Yes, I know the mighty blue falcon was well up the road, but that's because he has built a better mouse trap than anyone else in IP, even the other LMV8 guys can't catch him.
                    When the flag drops...............the bullshit stops!
                    Go Hard..........or Go Home!

VW Amarok - Daily
                    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Limited) - Nopics
                    2001 S15 - IPRA Build
                    VE SS Redline Ute - SOLD
                    SR20DET Powered IPRA Datsun Sunny = 400hp @ Wheels - SOLD

Comment

...... I think the balance is pretty good really. The fact is, most who have tried and given up, have not figured out how to build a good restrictor engine (and/or tune it).
                      And that is basically spot on. Except ill add how to drive and gear a restricted car.
                      There was once a guy that bought a nationals winning, lap record holding turbo ip car who was quite decorated driving n/a cars but just couldnt get his head around how to drive a restriced car and wouldnt listen to advice. He then sold it on cursing that he was sold a dud and it was a shitheap. The next owner of the car drove it a few times and won its second race meeting and is closing in very rapidly on his home track lap record.
                      True story.
                      Originally Posted by Tut

Comment

Can you elaborate more on how a restricted car should be driven? Is it a case of seemingly short changing or is it more complicated then that?
                        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Basically short shifting is the biggest issue. People coming from na cars want to rev them. A restricted car is generally shifted at about 5500rpm. That's silliness to a na guy.
                          Then the wheel spin issue coming out of corners. You need too feed it on but if it wheelspins you don't back of or lift off. Just pull the next cog. It stops the wheel spin and uses the torque to drive away.
                          And then there's setup. You want a rwd turbo car not to want to kill you when you get it loose. Because when you are driving a restricted car it will hang at least once a day no matter how good you think you are. So having something that is going to slide the rear without death is an advantage.
                          Originally Posted by Tut

Comment

Here's another example of a 'fast' IP car (s14) with the wrong gearing, making it into a 'slow' car

Clearly has the wrong diff ratio, which makes all the difference when you have straights involved. I'm betting the power output isn't all that different from the other silvia posted above.

Comment

Into fifth before the main. Nice.
                              Originally Posted by Tut

Comment

Great comparison. Two similar cars, same engines and similar gearboxes. The S13 is geared much taller, this helps in a number of ways, including top speed on the straights. Interestingly, the s13 gets through the gears quicker, even though it has the taller gear ratios. For me, the give away is the boost. I can't see the boost clearly on my phone from the S14, but based on how long it holds max boost and the minimal drop over the rev range, id guess it's making maybe 17-20psi, maybe less. The S13 is making near on 30psi at its peak (lower in rev range too), and boost bleeds off as revs rise (restrictor). The peak horsepower on both is probably similar, but the torque curves would be vastly different. That allows the S13 to also short shift and really use the torque.
                                When the flag drops...............the bullshit stops!
                                Go Hard..........or Go Home!

VW Amarok - Daily
                                2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Limited) - Nopics
                                2001 S15 - IPRA Build
                                VE SS Redline Ute - SOLD
                                SR20DET Powered IPRA Datsun Sunny = 400hp @ Wheels - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X