Evo 8 racecar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interdasting! I imagine a lot of the IPRA boys are using highish boost with that restrictor. Do the Borgies have decent boost control with that internal gate?
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Yeah they seem to be fairly good at keeping it under control, it's pretty large compared to a garrett in a similar size.

Manifold all finished and ready to go into the car!

Comment

That's a good looking one of those.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
          That's a good looking one of those.
          +eleventy
          www.holditflat.com

Comment

Just about finished under the bonnet, cooler pipes need welding up for good and that blue silicone joiner needs to be changed to a black one but otherwise it's pretty good to go!

Wheeled the car outside and got under it with the pressure cleaner to give it the annual 'proper' cleanup

Painting the underside was worth the effort when it cleans up like this

Pretty excited to hear what the new all Ti exhaust will sound like

Few things to finish off then it's dyno time on thursday

Comment

Lovely. How much weight saved with the exhaust?

My Italian 510

Comment

Super tidy, nice work!
                GT8
                1UZ Celica
                1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Thanks lads... I'm not sure exactly how much lighter the exaust would be, it already had the rear section done, but I'd guess around 10kg from what was on there.
                  From where it was at Clipsal last year the car's 15-20kg down on that which is probably a combination of a few different tweeks.
                  It's actually now come in under weight for using a 38mm restrictor, so I'll probably have to run a little bit of something in it to bring it back up to where it needs to be.

Comment

How did tuning with the new snail go?

My Italian 510

Comment

Couldn't get it finished because they sent me the wrong wastegate actuator and we couldn't make enough boost... hopefully have it back on the dyno friday, but looking promising so far.
                      It's definitely going to have a much more usable rev range regardless of the power figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy San View Post

Pretty excited to hear what the new all Ti exhaust will sound like
                        Originally posted by Andy San View Post
                        It's actually now come in under weight for using a 38mm restrictor, so I'll probably have to run a little bit of something in it to bring it back up to where it needs to be.
                        I would put a heavy exhaust on it. No italics.

Exhaust is the lowest fully sprung part of the car.

Comment

It's only a kilo or two under what it needs to be, I'll probably just run an extra 5 litres of fuel over what I need to make sure it comes in over the limit.

Comment

Or just smash a few more burgers and Matso's mango beer

Comment

Originally posted by Barney View Post
                              Or just smash a few more burgers and Matso's mango beer
                              Now that's a suggestion I can get around!

Comment

two litres of vape juice bolted to the lowest point of the car
                                www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Comment

Working...
                                X