Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Evo 8 racecar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends in the entry fees at tailem.
    Originally Posted by Tut
    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Comment

true, but racing on a 7km track would sure beat a 2km track with only 8 corners.Worth more $$$ there for a start.

Suzuki Mighty Boy / BEC Rear Mid mount Suzuki 1150cc 450kg Hillclimber [in the build]

Comment

Nice car Andy. Going to have it out on the 21st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        '93 fini FD RX7 | '04 FE RX8 blog.vtxms.com
        Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by vortex View Post
          Nice car Andy. Going to have it out on the 21st?

Got a fair bit to sort out before it's race ready, aiming to have it done mid year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave75 View Post
            true, but racing on a 7km track would sure beat a 2km track with only 8 corners.Worth more $$$ there for a start.
            I highly doubt any state based race series will run on the full GT track. I even doubt the V8 $upercars will run on the full track.

Comment

I hope it doesn't kill mallala. It's a challenging track.
              Originally Posted by Tut
              THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Comment

Those 5 speed boxes are pretty strong as long as you change the oils a lot which im sure you already know.
                Like very much have fun and win.

Comment

late model gearboxes are fine, a cooler is a good idea for long races though

Comment

Yep, temperature is the main problem for Evo boxes under 300kw.

Car looks great mate

Comment

Got stuck into pulling this apart over the weekend, didn't quite have enough time to get the motor and box out so that will be a job for over easter.

Need to work out where to mount it on the rotisserie as well because there isn't really any decent mounts at the end of the front rails, only 4 small bolts where the bumper supports hang off... Any suggestions?

Comment

Put a sleeve inside the chassis rails and then use the small bolts to secure the sleeve

Comment

Picked up the Rotisserie over the weekend and got stuck into things yesterday, was easier to mount up than I thought it would be, and it certainly makes wire wheeling seam sealer off the underside a shitload easier.

Got about half done before I got sick of being covered in crap, will finish it off sometime this week.

Also cut off some brackets with my new spot weld drill... how much easier do they make things!

Comment

Awesome Andy. Is that a hire rotisserie by any chance?

'93 fini FD RX7 | '04 FE RX8 blog.vtxms.com
                            Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by vortex View Post
                              Awesome Andy. Is that a hire rotisserie by any chance?

No it's not, I borrowed it off someone, but you can get them locally off ebay for about $600, which is really good value for how well they are made.

Comment

Haven't had a lot of time to do much on this lately, but I managed to get most of the way through the seat mounts for the passenger side seat and cut up an old HRT door trim I had laying around to blank up the unused vent holes in the dash. I'll get the whole thing flocked eventually before it goes back in the car for good.

Welded some threaded lugs into steel box section

Seat height is nice and low

Dash with panels glued into place, just needs flocking now

Comment

Working...
                                X