Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre City Lancer Bumdragger V2

So some of you may remember the previous incarnations of this car and remember the previous engine combo ended up in the wheelstanding minion Mirage, So it was after that my good friend Rob passed the coupe shell down to me for some budget racing, The key to the build was BUDGET so I purchased a EF Hyundai sonata 2.4 manual for the fact it is loosely based on a late model evo engine ( its calle a G4JS ), they are supposedly 10:1 2.4 (same rotating assembly as 4G64) twin cam 4cyl, the engine itself received a fresh gasket set and some paint, the gearbox was treated to a locked mirage diff centre ( the sonata uses larger diameter shafts but they are too long), some basic solid mounts fabbed up the factory inlet manifold and a stock magna 4cyl exhaust were fitted, basic fuel system, Rob donated old haltech and some E85. it made 100kw@wheels so I threw in some stock EVO 6 cams, that bumped power up to 110kw or 150hp ATW but it doesn't make any more power after 4k no matter how much timing you add I think the headers are a restriction, so we headed out to jamboree last weekend to see how it went, we were pleasantly surprised when it reeled of a string of 12's but the event got rained out and I had plans on the sunday and couldn't go back, anyway its time to fab up some headers retune it and try again, I will keep you all posted, I know its not the fastest thing around but bang for your buck so far its proving a winner, And Thanks again Rob
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lancer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	6630892Click image for larger version

Name:	378.jpg
Size:	5.45 MB
ID:	6630893Click image for larger version

Name:	375.jpg
Size:	5.86 MB
ID:	6630894Click image for larger version

Name:	376.jpg
Size:	5.84 MB
ID:	6630895Click image for larger version

Name:	369.jpg
Size:	5.13 MB
ID:	6630896

Nice one Trent. What's it weigh again? Show some interior pics.
    Originally posted by Mr Jones
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Nice lads. As you say, great bang for buck
      Originally posted by thebluerx7
      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

It weighs alot less with Trent in it then me LOL
        Worlds fastest 4g powerd mazda sp20 yellow evo 2 with a evo 3 bodykit

Comment

A+

I will bring donuts this week and have a look at it.
          Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

Must have been stoked to have gotten there with a .999

Comment

haven't weighed it in current form but it would be around 800kg's, I was definitely stoked even if it was a .999

Comment

So high 12's with only 150whp FWD only revving to 4krpm and a build cost of around 8 cents.

What is not to like here?
                Originally posted by Dimi
                80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

nah it still revs to 6500 but it made no difference adding timing after that, trying better headers results soon

Comment

Name:	IMG_20150928_164652.jpg
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	6598352
                    changed headers 10hp atw woohoo

Comment

I ran 12.8 with 164fwhp so very similar. You'd have more torque as mine was only 2.0 litre but mine turned to 8500

Nice work!
                      I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Checked weight today, so 1720lbs or 1890lbs with driver, taking it back out again soon, hoping to shave a little more time off

Name:	IMG_20151013_125420.jpg
Size:	5.07 MB
ID:	6598619

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/dseeto/vide...4902463867421/
                          Some vids of me getting chopped twice by the coupe
                          Worlds fastest 4g powerd mazda sp20 yellow evo 2 with a evo 3 bodykit

Comment

Took it back out wednesday night but the clutch decided it has had enough, It slipped the whole way but it still went
                            12.7,13.1,12.7 & 12.8 at 107mph, and still did 1.77 60ft, so next step is decided for me its clutch time.

Comment

Win!
                              Originally posted by thebluerx7
                              The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Working...
                              X