BEAVIS' White NB Turbo Track Car

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I see a set of slicks in your future?
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
    2004 MX5 SE Turbo
    2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Originally posted by TCR View Post
      Do I see a set of slicks in your future?
      No slicks for me for now, I'm fairly sure they'd have a heavy toll on things like wheel bearings. :-/
      Time Attack Turbo Build Thread // BEAVISMotorsport.com // YouTube.com/bbeavis

Comment

Took my MX-5 out to Winton Raceway last weekend for some fun.
        The car is really starting to get settled, and I'm slowly seeing fewer and fewer issues.
        And, as such, I'm able to focus more on just driving the thing.

It has quite a bit of pace now, so there is a fair demand on the brain to keep up and be able to focus on where to position the car.

I did have a couple of small issues, firstly I swapped to a 4-port MAC valve, which was plumbed backwards resulting in hitting boost cut, so swapped the hoses on that for an easy fix. And, I am cooking brake fluid after about 4 or so hot laps, so more time needs to be invested in brake cooling, and perhaps better fluid.

In the end the car achieved a 1:28.9 laptime, which I'm fairly confident is the fastest an MX-5 has ever been around the track.

Nonetheless, here's some in-car video.

Time Attack Turbo Build Thread // BEAVISMotorsport.com // YouTube.com/bbeavis

Comment

What are you using for fluid?
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
          X