AR51 w/GSXR1000 buggy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first race (6 laps). Not much traction and a few mistakes.

Comment

And heres me doing a few laps before popping my right rear tire on a rock. Rock is at 7:20. After I hit the rock I wasn't sure for a while there if I had a flat or not. So I limped on till it became apparant I definately had a problem and was about to be passed so pulled over.

Comment

And a phone vid.

Comment

Pity the tyre went. Looks like a great day otherwise.
          Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
          You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Headed out to Dowerin again on the weekend, hit a roo on the way up which sucked, but the buggy ran well with no problems. Tried out some different tyres on the rear, buggy felt a lot easier to get the tail out. That didn't help lap times though, I came 5th overall behind another buggy, 2 wrx's and my nemesis in a ford laser!

Comment

Todays effort:cry:

Comment

How did I miss this! Awesome man just awesome!
                Originally posted by S
                I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

For all the places to miss step a wheel that was a good outcome. Anoying for sure but your safe. Buggy is a small fix vs a rollover.

Got any damage pics?
                  Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                  You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Love this... Time for some reinforced arms?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Hopefully have some pics tonight. Busy now fixing it as I have a 2 day event next weekend.

Comment

That's awesome ! Looks like a heap of fun.

Comment

More serenity! I actually lowered it a bit since last time.

Comment

Ok so i thought I would put some photos up of how the new arm is made (well this is how I do it anyway)

The plans actually have drawings needed to build a jig to make the arms. It consists of a flat plate of steel with a series of bolts to mount blocks of various sizes to. I had this stashed away in the shed from when I originally built it. Lucky I didn't leave it in the rain or it would of rusted.

After cutting up the bent A arm I managed to salvage the inner tube that mounts to the chassis and the chunky steel bits at the other end where the shock and the heim joint bolt up.

So I cleaned them up and put them in the jig.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9j...iqsAEmJg=w2400

Looking at the plans I suss out the angles that the tube has to be notched at. Using an online notch calculator web page I print out pdfs with the curve of the "notch" on it. Cut this out and wrap it round the pipe, then use a marker pen to transfer it, then cut with grinder.

http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

Comment

Comment

So thats where I am at now.

The last photo is a top down view of the lower, front right hand arm (the one that bent)

I am thinking of running a tube from the center of the top tube to the bottom left (as you look at the picture) and maybe a gusset or 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X