• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing is awesome

Comment

Comment

Comment

Adding reinforcement to the control arms. Does that mean that forces from a big hit are transferred to the control joints or body frame? If the control arms weren't reinforced they would act like a "fuse" & forces from a big hit would be localised to that quarter.
          He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

Hmm is that how it's s'posed to be done, with jigs and cutting guides....

Great stuff, I guess Smudge has a point but equally there has to be a point where you can complete the course despite an off or two without sustaining damage that stops you.

Keep up the great work.
            " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Yeah Roys on to it. I could of made them stronger, but if you go too strong they can pull the mounts out of the chassis or even bend the chassis. In the case of a really bad high speed rollover the suspension arms can also act as a "crumple zone" of sorts if they aren't too overbuilt.

Comment

Headed out to Trayning for a 2 day WA superlite meet. All went well apart from a torn CV boot. That CV is now scrap haha.

Heres the line up of home built buggys.

Comment

And the whole field.

Comment

Made my own CV boot from duct tape and cable ties. It worked ok!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here's the highlight vid of the event where I bent my arm.

Comment

Video from the Dowering rally sprint from the weekend just gone. After breaking down and crashing the last 2 times I took it pretty easy for 5th overall.

Comment

This looks like so much fun! Especially as a one man operation (so long as it's someone like you with the skills to fabricate)

Comment

Yeah it's a hell of a thing to drive. I hope one day my skill level will rise to the performance level of the vehicle I have somehow managed to build!

Comment

Working...
                                X